SMC Discussion Areas
May 01, 2024, 09:58:29 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CS 64 C help needed?  (Read 16414 times)
cocacola

« on: October 14, 2010, 06:00:23 pm »

I was wondering how to replace the light bulb behind the Have a Coke sign on the front. I see the wires going up there and I have no idea on how to get to it.

As far as the rest of the restoration, the front door wont close properly, and I think it is because the lock doesn't line up with the brackets correctly. Has anyone had this problem before? I would appreciate further advice before I attempt to hammer the brackets into place.

I also had to remove the entire power cord after it shorted out my garage 4 or 5 times and I found the plastic molded junction box. Do I need to find something similar or can I just ghetto rig it with one from a hardware store.

Last question, I currently cannot test whether the coin mech works properly. I messed with it for about 5 mins before the power cord became useless, and my dimes didn't do anything. Until I get power back I cant really do much with that but I was wondering if I could free vend to get around that problem, if it even exists.

Thanks to anyone who just read all of that and I can post pics if anyone needs to see my problems in order to help
Pat Pixley
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2010, 07:02:07 pm »

Picture of your problem the light It has been a while  but there should be screws on the side of the door or I think the bottom of the sign. 
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2010, 07:12:34 pm »

There should be two screws under the sign. The coin bezel lifts up (its Hinged at the top) and you can get to the screws from there. Then you have to gently pry the sign out from the bottom. There are two pins at the top that keep it in place. attached is a picture of a solid metal sign from a 64C although this is not a lighted sign the mounting is the same. You can see where the two screws are at the bottom and the pins at the top. I hope this helps.
Pat Pixley
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2010, 07:17:31 pm »

Thanks Josh , Just could not remember it has been awhile sence I've had a Cav.64 tounge
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2010, 10:14:57 pm »

This is the machine I am getting the info from I can't remember is this is a C or not. Does yours look like this one? It has been a while for me too. I built this machine in early 2005.
cocacola

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2010, 04:16:25 pm »

YES! This is my machine. I did remove those screws and I couldnt pry it loose. Is there a more accurate way to say where to pry than at the bottom? Here is a pic of where I removed the screws from.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 05:00:31 pm by cocacola » Logged
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2010, 08:43:29 pm »

You just have to get it loose. The bottom of the sign holds to the machine with the pressure where the screws were. I would take a large straight screwdriver and cover it with a shop rag and gently pry it out directly above where the screws were. Just be careful.
tooth350
5 Cent Member

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2010, 04:35:37 am »

I have a Cav CS-80C, I replaced the light like you'r attempting to do, there are 2 screws underneath      the light fixture does pivit up and slide out,      the problem is the fixture has sat in there for a long time and gets sticky with the seal. A flat screwdriver slowly prying from the bottom will open it up so you can slide it out slowly
cocacola

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2010, 03:22:07 pm »

All right thanks with the help getting it out. It finally came out and I replaced the bulb and the starter, and I was not able to fit it back in by myself. Any tips as to how to get the sign back in. I had an idea to have another person help hold and push up but there might be a better way.
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2010, 04:06:12 pm »

The sign is mostly held in by the pressure of the bottom lip of the sign. I would just slightly bend the bottom lip of the sign up to help ease it in. Even if it is a little loose once you put the screws in it will tighten. Make sure you just barely bend it or the screw holes and threads will not line up
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: