SMC Discussion Areas
May 20, 2024, 01:11:31 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What ever happened to communication and manners  (Read 6842 times)
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« on: October 03, 2010, 02:07:25 pm »

an open letter to Craigslist sellers,

Maybe it's just me, call me silly, call me old fashioned, but maybe if you post an item for sale, , oh I don't know,  perhaps return ny calls or emails about it.  I'm fine if you ignore the spammers, and I guess i can see not replying to a $5 dollar offer on a $200 item,   but this is getting old. 
I want to help you, I want information on what you're selling, I may want to see it, I may be interested, or Ii wouldn't be rying to reach you, so how about a simple reply.

Oh yeah,  remove your post when it's sold. It's annoying and wastes  everyone's time. Oh wait, you don't reply. It wastes buyers looking for that items time.

Love
 Kilroy

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
RetroMe
5 Cent Member

« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2010, 03:19:33 pm »

I totally agree. I have made 3 calls on 3 different items within the last few weeks and have yet to have my messages or emails returned. Are there just that many flakes out there trying to sell stuff? Burns my  censored when I can't get a response but yet a week later see it relisted. darn
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2010, 06:15:11 pm »

It's nothing new, but it seems more prevalent lately.  I repled to an ad, gave up when I hadn't heard anything for a week, then lo, receive an emaiil. Call the number provided 3 times.  talk to a himan once, who tells me, they will forward the message. That was Thursday aft. Friday evening, I write, bank, thank them for their time, and wish them luck selling it. He calls me Saturday. We agree to  meet Sunday, and I am to call to confirm.  Yeah, I called, went to voice mail,, I am so not going across town at 7:00 pm

Could be worse, My buddy replies to a CL ad, no reply.
Writes seller  second letter next day.,, seller  replies he never received the email, and someone was  coming top look at the juke  that night. Was told it wouldn't be fair, he made a promise to the "first guy".   Randy gets a call the next day, the buyer was a no show,  and it is his if he wants it. he tells the seller he wants it,  and makes plans to get it Friday The seller keeps asking if  he's serious, and really wants it, he will pull the ad.   My buddy tells him to pull the ad
Friday morning,  My buddy calls  to get an address, seller tells him the first caller, called him, told him there was a family emergency and can he still see it.  Came, saw, paid for it and took it with him .

People amaze me.

glenp87
10 Cent Member

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2010, 06:31:12 pm »

ohhh...and please don't list at $1 in the headline only to want GOLD and my first born for an overvalued, one-of-a-kind - worth a fortune if refurbished item.

Vendo 80...almost there
RetroMe
5 Cent Member

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2010, 06:48:43 pm »

LOL. Gotta love the $1 tag lines...for a piece of Sh_T that would cost a small fortune to restore. . .   wow
RED SPARKS
10 Cent Member

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2010, 03:03:58 pm »

I found a guy who lived an hour an a half away and had at least 3 machines in storage and was motivated to clear out his storage locker etc...  I was actually going to be in the area, had recently gotten my tax return, and called and left 3 messages hoping to at least ask some questions...  That was April I think.  I got a call back two weeks ago.  Guy was a little shocked sounding that i wasn't still interested in coming up and seeing them, and asked if I just wasn't interested in getting a Coke machine anymore?  I told him, "Man I just bought two yesterday!"  Which a little bit of a lie, i had bought 2 since i had left him the messages but not the day before...  If thats the lie that sends me to hell so be it cuz the guy was just said "UUUHHHHH" like he just missed the last Tickle Me Elmo on the shelf in the Xmas of '96.... 

"Not everyone can be a hero, somebody has to sit on the curb and clap as they go by"- Will Rogers

BOOMER SOONER!!!
RC kid
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2010, 07:25:30 pm »

Just saw this example of a $1 ad for a Barber's chair.

I am interested in a Barber's chair but his ad leads me to believe that he isn't looking so much for a collector as he is a fool.

http://greensboro.craigslist.org/atq/1989137537.html
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2010, 08:40:16 pm »

Speaking of Barber chairs................I wish I had a need for one!

http://ventura.craigslist.org/atq/1989260873.html

Glen
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2010, 08:46:32 pm »

Is that close to you Glen? I might be interested.

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2010, 05:21:10 am »

Free? If it weren't cross country, I'd be there. Looks to be a Koch, and the head headrest is even there,  I'd rechorme , but wow.

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: