SMC Discussion Areas
March 29, 2024, 10:25:40 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Double dot pepsi Ideal 55 value  (Read 13047 times)
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« on: September 22, 2010, 09:04:11 am »

I had someone respond to my wanted ad. He's got an embossed pepsi double dot ideal 55 slider. I want a machine to use at my house. I have wanted an ideal 55 for a while. A generic coke ideal 55 is what we used in our house as a kid growing up so I have fond memories of sliders. I know the double dot sliders are the earlier and more scarce and valuable. Jeff Walters book says it only increases the value by $50. I thought it was a little more valuable than that. This cooler is missing the coin mech and slider rack and is in desperate need of a paint jpb. It does cool great. I can get it for $100. I will keep it without the rack as it makes it easier to use. I would like to find a coin mech housing. It doesn't need to be complete on the inside as long as it looks compete on the outside. Is thsi a good price for an incomplete cooler. If completed and restored properly what is this cooler worth? Is it just another Pepsi ideal 55 or are the double dot's worth more?
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2010, 11:29:28 am »

IF its' cooling I'd say that is a pretty fair deal.
as far as total restored value of single dot vs double dot, I don't think much unless to a very picky Pepsi collector who wants one of each.. the the general soda collecting crowd. I wouldn't value one over the other by much.. depends to me the quality of restoration, completeness etc..
Coin mech housings are tough to find, I agree, don't worry about the rack..
Fully restored embossed sliders should bring between 2000-2500 if done correctly. but again in this market,, who knows.

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
coke_and_stuff
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2010, 08:26:53 pm »

The last Pepsi Slider I sold done right sold for $1500 and I was lucky to get that. I heard today he sold it again for $1500. They can be and are hard to sell.

Joey

Collector of nice original paint machines

Vendo 81 B, C, D
VMC 81 Pepsi, 7up, RC, Generic
6CV Coke, RC, Pepsi
VMC 110 RC
Vendo 39
Jacobs 26
Mills 47
Selectivend 64 7up NOS
Plus 30-50 parts and project machines
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2010, 03:46:51 pm »

Well I got the machine and it is in great shape! It is 100% rust free due to someone painting it in latex paint. It will be an easy restoration. I will post pics later.
coke_and_stuff
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2010, 06:43:21 pm »

Hate to break it to you, But doing a full restoration on a ideal slider is no easy task its a royal PITA. a piant job is a paint job a full breakdown and disassembly is a restoration. Ive built 2 of them now and unless theres some good $$$ in the air I wont do another.

Joey

Collector of nice original paint machines

Vendo 81 B, C, D
VMC 81 Pepsi, 7up, RC, Generic
6CV Coke, RC, Pepsi
VMC 110 RC
Vendo 39
Jacobs 26
Mills 47
Selectivend 64 7up NOS
Plus 30-50 parts and project machines
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2010, 07:12:00 pm »

Ok let me rephrase that A nice repaint will make it look great and will be a quick sale. Its such a nice cooler and 100% rust free even on the inside it doesn't need more than a repaint. I will probably keep it for a while anyway until the market gets a little better. I currently have a whole refrigerator running to keep 2 or 3 12 packs of soda and beer cold so I might as well run the slider to keep drinks cold instead of a fridge with an empty freezer. 
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2010, 08:04:44 pm »

Here is the cooler. I would like to thank Ideal Bob for the coin mech! Fedex brought it today and that was the best packing job I have ever seen! Thank you very much!

The cooler is in great condition. I like the script of the double dot logo. I have never owned one and never noticed how different the logo is.
Yarochrehc
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2010, 08:22:08 pm »

That is in great shape. It should look great when it is restored.

Bob

Restored
Vendo H63B  Coke in use in basement
Original
Vendo V/VF63/7  Pepsi in use

Restoring: Glascock Standard
(2) Vendo 63
(2)Vendo 90
Vendo 126  waiting for paint
VMC 56
Westinghouse WE-6
Slider-Bob
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2010, 09:57:09 am »

Josh...It was my pleasure working with you and a very smooth transaction!  I'm sure your machine is going to be great when it's complete!  Be sure to post final pics!

Restored Coke 81D
Restored Pepsi, 7up VMC 81
Restored Popperette
Restored Wayne 60
Pat Pixley
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2010, 08:02:30 am »

Hate to break it to you, But doing a full restoration on a ideal slider is no easy task its a royal PITA. a piant job is a paint job a full breakdown and disassembly is a restoration. Ive built 2 of them now and unless theres some good $$$ in the air I wont do another.

Joey
I totally agree with Joey on this  But I have two more of my own that I have to do , After that only if I get paid. Cool
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: