SMC Discussion Areas
July 07, 2024, 03:29:15 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I think my Father-in-law is getting ripped off. need opinions please  (Read 8184 times)
stburger
10 Cent Member

« on: September 12, 2010, 07:54:57 pm »

My Father in law has a Seeburg Hf 100 G Juke Box,1953, he sent to a place in Ohio for repair(Ohio Seeburg Repair, Cumberland Ohio) last October 2009, with hopes to get it back by Christmas(2009) as promised. All 20 family members even went to a place on Christmas Eve to pick out 45 records from the 50's and 60's to play for our celebration. I wish I had a pictures of the machine to show you because this machine is in awesome shape. He paid $1200.00 up front to get some repairs completed with the hopes of (HOME BY CHRISTMAS). This jerk sends him a letter after several phone calls and e-mails and says he his way behind schedule and the econony is bad, layoffs etc BLAH BLAH BLAH !!!! I had this machine in my house/garage for 20 years and my in-laws wanted to have completely refurbed. REAL CLOSE TO JUST DRIVING TO OHIO TO PICKUP. Thoughts please Very Frusrated ,Thanks Steve
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2010, 07:58:35 pm »

Where is cumberland Ohio? I am just north of Cincinnati. If you need help I will go get it and send it back to you if you need help. I also have a good local friend that owns Happy Days Jukebox in Fairfield Ohio that does fantastic work if you want it to go somewhere else.
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2010, 07:59:09 pm »

I'd go get it ,,but also be prepared for what you might find, it may be in peices in Mid-restoration, and if you take it like that? you may be missing some peices too?

Tough situation, I wish you luck!  I love the seeburg G's.. I have one myself.

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2010, 09:06:08 pm »

We sold a machine to Ohio Seeburg, seemed nice guy, the IT systems guy in me can't stand their web site, so that's all I can say on my dealing with them. They have been in business for 15-20+ years, but they also  outsource a lot of their work. Not a bad thing per say.

Short of replacing the glass, rechroming, and  re-veneering , I can't imagine $1200 in repaiirs,  and we have never asked for the money up front,  something's not right. I've never asked for all the money upfront, Why??, i have the amp, or receiver, or  in some case the whole machine,  if the owner doesn't pay, he doesn't get his stuff. I don't think  it is a rip off as much as a cash flow issue

If I can help, or they want someone else to get it to work,  PM me or click on the link in my signature below, We are in the 'burbs of Detroit,  and can and will help out  if you would like.
I am also an owner of of a G, it was my first juke, and led to starting up the repair restoration business.  They are classic, sound great, and are in the red on the cool meter.

Good luck and keep us all posted

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2010, 09:30:45 pm »

...we have never asked for the money up front,  something's not right. I've never asked for all the money upfront, Why??, i have the amp, or receiver, or  in some case the whole machine,  if the owner doesn't pay, he doesn't get his stuff.

I agree...I have never asked for $$ up front. I got the mech - just like having the juke.

If I can help, or they want someone else to get it to work,  PM me or click on the link in my signature below, We are in the 'burbs of Detroit,  and can and will help out if you would like.

That is what this site is all about...helping other members get a fair shake!

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
Pat Pixley
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2010, 10:54:49 pm »

I'll be honested I'm not a big Jukes box person  but I was over at Kilroys place on Saturday and saw his juke box man that thing was sharp looking jukes . So if you want one restored I would get a hold of Jim.
 smile
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2010, 05:48:03 am »

Steve,

As John, signguy, stated, this could be in pieces and that wouldn't be good if you are retrieving your property!
Do we know if he has started in any way on the repairs/dis-assembly etc...?
After several communications, I'd be inclined to get the juke back from them!

My six cents,

Jim

Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2010, 06:34:32 am »

I have a feeling the machine is sitting in their warehouse untouched, but yes, your FiL needs to be told the status of the machine before  deciding on a course of action .

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2010, 07:04:14 am »

I agree, he probably hasn't touched it yet.  It sounds like he's stalling for some reason or another, or maybe he hasn't had the time to get to it yet.Huh?  Either way, I would pay him a surprise visit. glare

A lot of stuff.
tooth350
5 Cent Member

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2010, 07:24:57 am »

I think they,ve had enough time and money. If i were you i would contact an attourny and have him send a letter and put some pressure on them, that way you have legal standing if they skip or file bankruptsy, i hope you have pictures and a receipt.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: