SMC Discussion Areas
July 02, 2024, 12:43:01 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pepsi Double Dot SS Cooler in Michigan  (Read 5040 times)
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« on: July 01, 2010, 12:44:59 pm »

Nice looking Pepsi double dot ice chest SS cooler in michigan.. still at 100 bucks..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180525097512&ssPageName=ADME:B:WNA:US:1123

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2010, 12:57:15 pm »

I am going to watch that one!  I get up to that part of Michigan all the time.  If anyone esle really wants it, I will back off.  I can possibly assist with transport to SE Michigan though.

drinking Tim drinking
jt2139
5 Cent Member

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2010, 12:58:41 pm »

Most never noticed but take a look at the bottom metal deck.  Empty spots are now legs...
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2010, 01:16:11 pm »

Yep I saw that today. That is a great deal and it would look fantastic restored. The inserts may even be porcelain so the paint may just come off. Then that would be an amazing find. I know a guy that would restore those signs back to new but it wouldn't be cheap. What do you think that cooler is worth? It is not in the walters book. The only one he has is the model with no inserts but the legs are the same. The model in the book is worth $350 and 1,200. Not too valuable if you ask me.

And yep the legs were stampted out of the metal in the bottom tray. Isn't that a great use of metal.
mllaugh3
5 Cent Member

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2010, 01:30:52 pm »

I would love to bid on it as I am in Central Michigan but it is not in the budget right now.  Very cool cooler.  No pun intended.

Mike

Vendo 81D
VMC 139
Few square tops
LaCrosse 7-up
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2010, 02:35:20 pm »

Have at it Tim, I'm saving my sheckels for the 81 restore, and stocking up on Kowlaski   hot dogs, Faygo and Better Made chips for the Michigan Mafia BBQ

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2010, 03:40:29 pm »

I really like the ss coolers.. the panels are painted tin, not porcelain, so would have to be restored by a sign painter most likely but there are guys out there who can do amazing stuff.
I have a Nehi and a Blank Generic cooler like this now... am going to do a fantasy Ol Smoothie Rootbeer cooler out of it someday hopefull if I ever get time..

I love the legs and the lower deck, that is what drew me to these initially.

as far as value.. I bet restored she'd be worth 1500-2000 to the right collector.. I've paid under250 for both of mine.

John

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Seven181
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2010, 03:49:44 pm »

I am interested, only because my brother really wants a Pepsi cooler. No bids, so I might place one if nobody is going after it.

Brian  happydrinkers
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2010, 06:29:58 pm »

What does your brother want? I may be getting an S&S 1400 WD2. In my opinion it is the best pepsi cooler made besides the GE cooler. If he wanted it I would get it for him and only charge what I pay for it.
Seven181
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2010, 07:31:07 am »

Too Big for my brother. Well, here is the deal on Greedbay! I am think I am done with them. Listen to this, I won the Pepsi cooler for my brother, $200. The seller sends me a message and says he forgot to put a reserve of $800 and he contacted Ebay and wants to end the auction and not honor my winning bid. I said why did you wait, until after the auction ended to say this? I am pissed at Ebay and him for sure! Just pure BS or someone offered him more than my winning bid and he is backing out. Ebay should make these people honor their deals or charge them the winning bid as a penality for backing out of the deal.

Brian

Brian  happydrinkers
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: