SMC Discussion Areas
May 01, 2024, 10:49:25 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cavalier Glass and Plexi-Glass Door condensation UPDATE:  (Read 4357 times)
rayg
Soda Jerks

« on: June 20, 2010, 05:00:45 pm »

Hi all,
Very often, I see condensation in my real glass combo plexi-glass bottle door.  I am sure this has been posted several times, but why does it appear?  Why within 24 hours, does this dissipate and go away?  Yes, i do have a small round hole in my plexi-glass.  Is this for air to escape when the door slams?  Or to vent out condensation?  I tried taking my hair dryer and blowing hot air in the little hole, but apparently that didn't work.  Last week I took apart my door, and cleaned both glasses and the plexi-glass, which helped.  But, again the condensation re-appears in time.  

Any suggestions on how to permanently get rid of this recurring problem?  

Hi,  I ordered a replacement access door glass for my USS-96 from Fun-tronics  "Janet was great to deal with on my order, we had some carrier issues but she told care of them and went above and beyond to make she I was satisfied with my order. They are good place to do business with and  got me as loyal customer."  The glass is an original replacement for Cavalier, it's a double pane sealed  unit. This fixed the condensation problem that  I had with my original three piece glass unit. To install it, I just add  2 layers of  3/4 by 3/8 narrow gap rubber tape to the  right side  where the sheet metal screws from the hinged protrude over 1/2 " inside the door frame. It's a nice tight fit.
The also have them for the USS-64 machines. well worth the $32.00 investment.

http://www.fun-tronicsllc.com/store.php?crn=262&rn=948&action=show_detail

Ray
« Last Edit: June 20, 2010, 05:07:38 pm by rayg » Logged

1954 Stoner Senior
1964 United Orbit shuffle bowler   
1973 Cavalier USS-96
1976 Atari Night Driver
1979 Space Invaders Deluxe
1980 Centipede Cabaret (60in1)
1984 Williams Laser Cue Pinball
1993 IGT Wild Cherry Slot
1996 Police Trainer
2016 Visual Pinball Machine
Member : Michigan Mafia
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2010, 07:20:36 pm »

Thats great news! They are wonderful people aren't they and their parts are great replacements.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: