SMC Discussion Areas
October 05, 2024, 10:26:15 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Red Bull Air Race  (Read 6466 times)
bubba
Soda Jerks

« on: June 18, 2010, 08:28:09 pm »

Anyone ever go to one of these events? I'm going on Sunday on the Hudson River in NJ... A buddy hooked me and my family up with an awesome vantage point... Should be an awesome time.

http://www.redbullairrace.com/cs/Satellite/en_air/Event/New-York,-USA-021242804147336

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
VMC ST56B Royal Crown - being built
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
U-Select-It 5cent candybar machine
stuntpilot
10 Cent Member

« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2010, 05:51:57 am »

Bubba,
    I follow the Red Bull air races very closely, hence my name, you will be amazed at the quality flying.  ENJOY!!!

And then sometimes you get this, from two weeks ago at Windsor, Ontario Canada.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tm28O2iyGBM

Here's another vantage point,

http://www.redbullairrace.com/cs/Satellite/en_air/Video/Qualifying-Highlights,-Windsor-021242857591037
« Last Edit: June 20, 2010, 05:56:54 am by stuntpilot » Logged
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2010, 06:11:05 am »

I've seen that.. I'm very disappointed that Matt Hall won't be flying this event.. to be able to pull that out without a catastrophe says a lot about the pilot and his craft. Would have loved to see him fly. I've watched a few videos on Red Bulls website and seeing some of these pilots giving commentary as they are making 200mph knife edges and turns is amazing. I never saw this sport until a few weeks ago, but I am hooked. My buddy saw the qualifying on Saturday from where I'll be today and he said it is an incredible spot... I should have some awesome pictures to post..

Stuntpilot... Do you fly?

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
stuntpilot
10 Cent Member

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2010, 06:34:19 am »

I don't fly full scale, I fly the little ones with remote control. biggrin

We'll not so little, around 20 pounds or so. 1/3rd scale.

I had an invitation to go to Windsor, sad thing is I don't have a passport. A friend of mine who flies was involved with the hospitality tent. I could have met all the pilot's. down

I've flown several times in small planes, but my best time was when my father bought me a ride in a P-51 for my birthday, not quite a Red Bull Edge 540 but exciting none the less.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2010, 06:43:40 am by stuntpilot » Logged
FDNY1975
10 Cent Member

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2010, 07:57:17 am »

I plan on taking the boat out today to watch the events will take some pictures if I make it.

Matt
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2010, 04:31:05 pm »

Just got back from the race... it was awesome! amazing! .. My buddy hooked us up with a really awesome day. I've got a load of pictures to go through... I hope you made it on the water Matt.. The boats had a pretty decent vantage point as well.

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2010, 04:38:14 pm »

I don't fly full scale, I fly the little ones with remote control. biggrin

We'll not so little, around 20 pounds or so. 1/3rd scale.

I had an invitation to go to Windsor, sad thing is I don't have a passport. A friend of mine who flies was involved with the hospitality tent. I could have met all the pilot's. down

I've flown several times in small planes, but my best time was when my father bought me a ride in a P-51 for my birthday, not quite a Red Bull Edge 540 but exciting none the less.

The way these planes were maneuvering, they looked like RC... My father mentioned that as the first one went through the gates... I've done some electric RC flying, but nothing serious yet.. I'd love to get into it some more when I get some time.. probably in another 10 years or so the way my list of things to do is growing..

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
stuntpilot
10 Cent Member

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2010, 07:23:42 am »

Bubba,
    Make sure you post some pics.

With all the electrics on the market nowadays the choice is endless. It's a fun yet expensive hobby, sorta like refurbing old vending machines. biggrin

We have a small group of online flyers with our own website, stop by sometime and check out the forums, most of the main discussion is under the general discussion area in the badius owners club thread.
   We also have some great cooks under the what are you BBQing thread. biggrin biggrin

http://badiusownersclub.com/forum2/index.php

« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 07:26:10 am by stuntpilot » Logged
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2010, 11:36:52 am »

I was going through my pictures, and I've got almost 200 good pics.. I uploaded 70 or so to shutterfly... Here is a link to the album on-line.. I've printed a few 11"x17" pics on my wide format printer and it looks awesome. I think the background in a lot of these pictures really set the tone for the race.. I hope it comes back next year.

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8BYsmjFw4bsRo&emid=shareprintviewer&linkid=link5&cid=EM_sharview

Enjoy!

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
FDNY1975
10 Cent Member

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2010, 11:47:27 am »

Bubba,
   Yes we made it was a great show was out in the Hudson also too bad we couldn't of hooked up Bubba. Hope the have it here in NYC again.
    Hey Stuntpilot were you aver at the AMA tent @ Liberty State park during the show?

Matt
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: