SMC Discussion Areas
April 16, 2024, 02:20:15 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: need help converting choice vend 142 to free  (Read 11750 times)
SAM4421
« on: June 17, 2010, 04:11:11 pm »

Im new here, Ive read this thread about converting a machine to free use.......Im close but have a question,  My unit is a choice vend cvc-142,,, I have eliminated the coin changer... I installed a momentary switch like the diagram below explained... The issue im having is, I have to hold the momentary swith through the cycle and time it just right to release... If I hold it to long I get a log jam... I have no set cycle it seems. Any help will be greatly appriciated.. scott
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2010, 08:20:45 pm »

Your ChoiceVend is a multi-button machine, which means it has a self-latching vending relay, which is normally set by the coinmech once the vending set-price is reached, the coinmech then sends out about a 1/2 second pulse to the vending relay which should "latch" & hold itself that way until you select a button/flavor.

once a flavor is selected, the appropriate column motor starts to rotate the augers & there is a switch on the bottom of the augers triggered by  another micro-switch that will signal ( break the self-latch) the vending relay & terminate the vending cycle, it will also send a signal (125volts) back to the coinmech on pin #7 to tell it it can accept more coins now ( the coinmech was locked out during the vending cycle)

if you have to hold the "free-play button in all the time while you select a flavor, then the vending relay isn't being set.

I am the originator of the diagram you see on the pinned subject " the free play switch once more" it is a general diagram intended originally for bottle stack type machines, it usually works fine on multi-button machines, but some machines are wired a little differently.

did the machine vend properly with the coinmech installed?

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
SAM4421
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2010, 09:15:26 am »

thanks for the reply, no it didnt seem to work with the coin changer.. the coins just went through to the return.
FatRavioli69

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2010, 02:20:06 pm »

I have a mid 60's sv 144 bottle rack machine will this jumping of the pins work on my machine

Selectivend and Counting
jjlara

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2014, 07:22:36 pm »

Hello.  I was reading this post and I am having the exact same issue.  I followed the above diagram.  Basically if I hold the momentary switch down and the augers spin after soda selection. Once I release the switch the augers stop.  I have a choicevend CVB-181 machine.  I can't seem to get it to work properly.  The coin mech did not work when I bought the machine. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: