SMC Discussion Areas
April 30, 2024, 07:12:29 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Another Popperette part reproduced!!  (Read 15398 times)
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2010, 11:51:19 am »

brian,

since you are the expert on these have you thought of making a reproduction? I would suggest making one that looks nothing like the original in order to hold the value of the originals but would it be hard to make one? I bet you could make a fortune and you have no copy write or patent issues like you would have with a coke product. I know I would pay for one if you were serious I would even go in with you since we are somewhat close.
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2010, 12:44:09 pm »

I'm telling you, me and my kid have the name....Popperretro.

A lot of stuff.
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2010, 01:42:37 pm »

Not sure that by the time you fabricate all the parts in quantity, you'd be able to sell enough of them to make back the investment?
You can still buy some other single pop vendors, There are some hot air ones that came out ,and I think there are some newer (within 10 years) other versions I have seen?
Brian, They look great!... PS the Gearing We spoke about is on the way

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2010, 02:54:00 pm »

However if the internals were like the popperette then you would not only have replacement parts but also parts for a new machine.

I know I am probably just dreaming. I am sure it would be a huge task, I have never seen one in person. I know there are a lot of parts. It would be cool though and I bet they would sell. People are buying the heck out of the repop antique popcorn carts. What would be funny since everyone eats popcorn with a movie they could put one next to all of the redbox movie rental vending machines  biggrin
BrianB
Soda Jerks

« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2010, 05:32:59 am »

John,

Thanks, I'll let you know what I think.

Josh,

Expert? I wish!!! laugh I just really enjoy doing this stuff and also enjoy learning along the way. It's a continuous experience.

Designing a whole new popcorn machine would take a LOT of time and effort and time is something that I don't have a surplus of. I'm blessed to get done what I do with the time that I have. Maybe someday I would take a look at that.

Brian
cokemachinesandmore
Soda Jerks

« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2010, 10:56:00 am »

cant wait to see what the next part will be ?
cokemachinesandmore
Soda Jerks

« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2010, 10:58:35 am »

would be nice if you could find a motor
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: