SMC Discussion Areas
May 01, 2024, 06:48:16 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Need help with cavalier uss 8-64  (Read 16362 times)
kebn123

« on: June 02, 2010, 06:47:22 pm »

I just purchased this machine for 125 . I have learned it is a cavalier uss 8-64 . It gets cold. Its very quiet. its also mising 2 trays and two spacers. Or i assume it is missing them. I figured there should be eight it has six. The coinco s75 9400b appears to be broken. and there is a chain laying in the back of machine thats connected at the bottom behind all the racks.  I i dont see where the money you put in should go. plus there is no chute or anything where your change should fall. I assume the bulb is burnt out. I havent a clue where to start first on fixing this thing. I dont know which coin mechs are compatible with this machine. I cant seem to be able to find the exact one thats in there online anywhere. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks Kevin
tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2010, 07:04:30 pm »

Welcome!  I have a few of these machines, they seem to multiply very quickly!  There should be 8 shelves like you said, I have a couple of extras, but I don't think that I have the spacers, I'll have to look around.

There should be a spring that attaches to the chain on the back of the machine, is the entire chain on the bottom, or just the small part of it?  I have attached a photo to show what it looks like. 

There is also a photo of the inside of the coin door, which shows what you might be missing for comparison.  Try searching for a s75-9800B for the coin mechanism, that is the one that will work for you.  There are some folks here that usually have them for sale...I'm sure they'll chime in.

Thats a good deal you got on a first machine, I have one that I use about everyday.

loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2010, 09:36:11 pm »

I also have a few shelves but am also not sure if I have spacers. Let me know if you need them.

Josh
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2010, 10:40:58 pm »

Kevin,

Welcome to the site.  happydrinkers The USS-8-64 was my first machine--woodgrain Coca Cola version.  Great machine as it can vend just about anything.  I use mine every day.  The spacers are not as inportant as the spacers.  I have all the spacers for mine but it will vend fine without them as long as you are careful to line up the bottles/cans/plastic when you load the machine.

The first of many!

drinking Tim drinking
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2010, 12:40:24 am »

...The spacers are not as inportant as the spacers.

So are the spacers important? tounge

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2010, 05:44:05 am »

They are important, but not as important as being important  tounge

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2010, 06:44:33 am »

blush Hey, give me a break guys!  blush  It was a long day yesterday!  But, I guess it would be kind of hard to load those bottles/cans/plastic on the spacer without the shelf!  laugh

Of course, that machine with a complete set of spacers and shelves could bring $6-7,000!  I have seen it on E-Bay!

This dimonstraits that it is inportant to pruf reed yur posts!

drinking Tim drinking
kebn123

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2010, 04:28:53 pm »

Thanks for all the input. The pics of the inside of door helped. I do believe I need alot of bottle caps though. Lol.
Was wondering. Will it still vend if I get it working without all the shelves in. I plan on dismantling it this weekend. Cleaning it and taking lots of pics.
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2010, 08:35:02 pm »

It will vend without all of the shelves. Hope the cleanup goes well.
Creighton

Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2010, 09:20:21 pm »

and get  friends and family to deposit change so the money goes toward replacement shelved =)

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: