SMC Discussion Areas
June 27, 2024, 07:39:21 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pics. How much are theres worth? Coke, 7 UP and a Pepsi? (9 in all)  (Read 5020 times)
American And Proud
« on: May 31, 2010, 08:12:00 am »

Saw these and am going out to look at them tomorrow.

Of course I want the Round top, anyone know the Model of it? and the Value ?

Value of the others?

I like the looks of the 7UP machine.

Seller was very Nice on the phone we talked for awhile, he's me age and has been collecting but not restoring any machines just collects as they are. I believe he said he has 9 total for sale, He said I was first on the list so Hopefully I can afford one or 2. 

I have 4 kids, Gotta leave them Each a Vintage soda machine once i'm gone. biggrin

IF he has a Westinghouse like mine for parts I hope to get it. Or I may just clean that one up some and sell it as is.

Thanks.
coke_and_stuff
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2010, 12:22:36 pm »

Roundtop is a Vendo 80 worth around $400-600.

Joey

Collector of nice original paint machines

Vendo 81 B, C, D
VMC 81 Pepsi, 7up, RC, Generic
6CV Coke, RC, Pepsi
VMC 110 RC
Vendo 39
Jacobs 26
Mills 47
Selectivend 64 7up NOS
Plus 30-50 parts and project machines
American And Proud
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2010, 12:47:59 pm »

Thanks, I think he said he wanted $1000.00 for it. I knew that was high for a one flavor machine.

I will go have a look at these and see what he has. Even if I don't buy any will be fun to go look.

I do like the look of that &up machine though.

Hopefully some more will see this and reply. I will print this and show him what was said about prices.

He has plenty of calls waiting on the round top so I doubt it will be a bargain. But ya never know.

Wish me LUCK. hopefull
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2010, 06:23:39 pm »

Sorry, nothing in the pics that really excites me,  The square top vendos are 56's   depending on condition going anywhere fr0m 150-$350
Patience, take your time out there.

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2010, 07:48:58 pm »

Actually the coke square tops are early Vendo 63's. They are nice machines and in my opinion they are one of the nicer square tops since they have a ton of chrome, stainless and polished aluminum on them. They also command the best prices when restored of the other similar machines. I would say kilroy is about right on the price though. Maybe a little higher if you want them but not a lot.
American And Proud
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2010, 07:29:04 am »

Thanks guys.

Good info to know when going to look them over.

I have to call him at Noon today to make arrangements to go see them all.

I believe he has many more, but just selling off 9 units.

How much do you think the 7up machine is worth? I like it.
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2010, 09:06:15 am »

Most of these square tops are between 150-300 in my opionion, it's hard to say what it's "WORTH" as they aren't worth much, but if you like one, it's in an affordable price range for you, then pick it up if you like it...
I'd say that goes for pretty much anything out there.., but if your buying with intention of flipping it and making a fortune, then the "worth" question is more important.
Good luck!

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
GreginNM
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2010, 09:35:32 am »

Welcome to the board!  Great first finds!  And, yes, you will become addicted to both machines and this forum!   biggrin

There is a 7up very similar to that one in my area that has been selling on craigslist for a good while at $300 with no takers (complete and working), so you should be able to pick it up pretty inexpensively.  You are right, they are a pretty sharp looking machine with all the graphics and logos that 7up used at that time!

Good luck with the hunt, and keep sharing the pictures!

Greg

Greg

Vendo: 39B, Standard
Jacobs: 35
Ideal: 35 DP
Westinghouse: WB-66-MD, WD-10, Junior, Standard
SelectiVend: S-48 DP x 2
SelVend: S-47 7up
American And Proud
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2010, 09:34:17 am »

I went and looked at these late afternoon yesterday. (75 miles away) As seen they are what they are, No keys, so no looking inside and basically no plugging them in.

These 6 machines are lined up along one garage wall sides touching so can't open them up fully to inspect the insides, 7up was unlocked but could only open the door slightly, to peek inside.

The seller and I ended up talking for several hours actually. He is my age so we talked about everything.

Anyways he has 3 more machines at another location (this one much closer to me only a 20 minute drive to it) and I told him I would like to see those machines before deciding or making an offer on anything.

We are supposed to meet up hopefully later in the week.

I know NOT to pay top dollar for machines you can't fully inspect so once I see the other three I will ask the seller to get the ones I am really interested in pulled out so I can give a full inspection and see if they can be plugged in.

And then go from there.

Thanks everyone for your help. Please feel free to add anymore thoughts on these.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: