SMC Discussion Areas
July 02, 2024, 04:39:35 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: First Coke Machine, 1 Day Later Another One. Pics  (Read 5650 times)
American And Proud
« on: May 30, 2010, 05:20:18 pm »

Please post photos!

I know I know useless thread without the pics, but first a little about them.

Always a MILD Coke collector with a few Coke items around the house, But I have always wanted a Vintage Coke machine but with 4 kids money was always needed elsewhere or I was buying some other Toys (TOOLS-Vintage Delta).

Searching Craig's list I searched Coke machine once in awhile just to see if I saw a bargain , usually not, like playing the Lottery.

I noticed a Square topped with the select o matic dial the guy tried selling it on ebay and listed the auction on Craig's List he had a $300.00 starting bid and got Zero bids so he just wanted it GONE from his garage and he knew nothing about it. I emailed him and asked since it did not sell on ebay nor here on CL , how much do you want for it?
He said I'll take $50.00 bucks, it's gotta go.

It is a Westinghouse WC-102-MD in rough shape but mostly all there and it runs Cold when plugged in. I will need a few parts for it and some major rust repair to the bottom. (I was a Body and Fender man for 12 years so I can handle that work and repaints, I even have a couple vinyl plotter/cutters to make decals and paint masks.)

I signed up here to ask questions and find the parts I want and was reading the forums while waiting approval so I could post and a heads up for a Vendo 81A was posted with the CL link and it was in Chicago (Beverly Area) very close to me I sent the seller 3 emails throughout the day and waited and waited, turns out the seller was at a family pic nik all day.

He said I could come by on Sunday to see it, I asked if I could come by NOW (last night) he said he was still at the party but later that night would be OK.

I hooked up one of trailers and went over at about 10 PM and looked her over quickly, the Vendo 81A was in real Nice shape.
It was advertised for $850.00 I made my offer (even tho I was willing to pay the 850 and he said "yeah that's fine".

I got it for $700.00.  biggrin

I will post up pics in this thread.
American And Proud
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2010, 05:21:35 pm »

More Pics.
American And Proud
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2010, 05:23:00 pm »

More Pics.
American And Proud
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2010, 05:23:45 pm »

More Pics.
American And Proud
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2010, 05:25:03 pm »

More Pics.
rayg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2010, 05:48:34 pm »

Welcome  aboard!!!! Nice machines...... Getting a round top for a first machine at a good price and a square top for next to nothing  ....way to go. I'm in the same boat as you, as my kids are older now 18.... I can get more "toys".

What's your end game?  to collector just coke machines or to  collector different vintage coin operated machines i.e. jukeboxes, pinball, bowlling machine, candy machines, popcorn machines etc..... ?

Ray 

1954 Stoner Senior
1964 United Orbit shuffle bowler   
1973 Cavalier USS-96
1976 Atari Night Driver
1979 Space Invaders Deluxe
1980 Centipede Cabaret (60in1)
1984 Williams Laser Cue Pinball
1993 IGT Wild Cherry Slot
1996 Police Trainer
2016 Visual Pinball Machine
Member : Michigan Mafia
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2010, 06:21:31 pm »

Welcome!  I will gladyly help you move that 81A (to my garage)  laugh but that Westy looks a bit on the heavy side.  You have done quite well for your first couple of machines!

drinking Tim drinking

Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2010, 06:30:21 pm »

Welcome to the board... great machines...81 looks like all it needs is a little elbow grease and put it in the
corner of the living room!

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2010, 07:14:04 pm »

Thats a nice looking original 81a, I'd leave it as is.. clean up the inside or restore the insides and your good to go.. I even like the old school Tab sticker..
Congrats and welcome

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
American And Proud
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2010, 09:20:41 pm »

Thanks rayg, mznb1u, Eric, and SIGNGUY. (Gonna be one myself soon, I am buying all the equipment now)

Ray my game plan is whatever comes along my way LOL. No "plan" really. I have several Vintage Delta woodworking machines as well as a full aray of New woodworking machines in my Garage and it's already BURSTING at the seams.

I am 49 and 25 years ago I was a body & fender combo man, combo means you paint as well. So I can sandblast weld do the body work and do all the painting needed on anything.

mznb1u, Sorry that's Stayin right HERE! lol I waited far too Long to look for one and actually BUY it.
Now I bought 2 in 2 days, and I will buy 1 or 2 more I think.

With 4 kids I Gotta leave them Each at least 1 right? At least that'll be my story to the wife. That's my Story and i'm Stickin to it.

Eric the 81A needs a little work, wiring is all dry rotted and I noticed that the fan does not spin freely, I will try oiling it and see if it frees up.

I have a short list of parts made out already for the 81A.
Wiring Harness, Fan Motor, 4 Bottle Shelves (4 are MIA) , Inside Plastic Door Cover, Gaskets, (There all Gooey) and replace the pitted Chrome pieces. I am sure I will find other stuff needed too. I will take out the compressor assembly and sandblast parts and repaint that whole area for sure.

Once I have that all ordered and clean her all up I will decide if a full paint job is in order. The TAB water slide decal is eh kinda cool but I was never a fan of TAB. (I may take a high res close up shot of it and print it on Vinyl and stick it on magnetic sheets I buy in rolls for car / truck lettering)
SIGN GUY see Above about my TAG Decal. lol

Hope you all don't mind a few pics of the Inside now.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: