SMC Discussion Areas
July 01, 2024, 09:48:24 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lacrosse 120 illuminated sign help  (Read 6014 times)
uamsclay

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2010, 12:42:43 am »

veryangry  disappointing.  I will keep checking with some sign companies around town.  Thanks for the help
Clay
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2010, 12:03:18 pm »

That is what I would do. Original signs can be expensive and rarely can you find one that isn't either broken, chipped or fading. However John's RC sign is really cool. I always wither buy a new one from funtronics or have one made. I like having them made since you can let your imagination run wild and make exactly what you like. with these square tops exact originality doesn't effect value and you can easily put it back to the way it was. If the sign company doesn't want to make the logo in fear of copyright problems I always tell them that it is going in a vending machine that had the sign originally and replacements are not available. I had a shop in Florida tell me to do that. He said that since it is going in a machine that originally had a sign with their logo it makes it more of a grey area as far as it being legal. If they are just making a sign for the wall or display it is against the law but since it is replacing a sign on a vending machine made for the company it is not as illegal. I don;t know if this is tru but it has saved me several times after a company has said no.
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2010, 03:47:13 pm »

The same is true when reproducing glass for a bottle door. I had a glass shop tell me they could not sell me single strength glass if it was going to be used in a vending machine.
         So now if they ask, I tell them it is going to be used for a home project  tounge

Glen
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: