SMC Discussion Areas
July 01, 2024, 09:49:28 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: got a freebie!!!  (Read 4053 times)
empinball

« on: May 11, 2010, 10:15:01 pm »

While at work today, I came across this Vendo 56c-a 7up machine sitting outside a gas station.  I went inside and asked if it was for sale and the lady said "what are you offering for it".  Before I could even reply her husband said "it's yours if you want it".  Went back after work and picked it up.  Two of the 3 panes of glass in the door are broken, it's missing the coin mech and the coin door.  The compressor is very quiet and does a great job of cooling.  Is this worth buying parts to restore (and are they readily available) or should this be a machine for out on the deck near the bar?

Coca Cola - Westinghouse Standard Ice
Pepsi - Heintz Gullwing Electric
7 up - Vendo 56c-a Electric
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2010, 11:08:30 pm »

You can find parts for it relatively easily or you can set it Free Vend and use it as a patio machine. It's all up to you and what you want to do.

Nice Freeby!

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
Pat Pixley
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2010, 11:45:34 pm »

Jut like Tom Said Part are easy to come up with , here is a site they have the coin doors http://www.vintagesodaparts.com/parts.html  and the glass , your local glass shop or hardware
and you can get a coin mech on ebay or even if you ask nice on this site some one will pop up
and say yep I have one  for a good price.

those little 56  machine are great when restored.

Great score. smile
« Last Edit: May 11, 2010, 11:48:15 pm by Pat Pixley » Logged
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2010, 05:44:37 am »

I've got the coin door and bottle door with good glass. PM me if you are interested.

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
VMC ST56B Royal Crown - being built
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
U-Select-It 5cent candybar machine
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2010, 08:53:40 am »

I'd get a coin door for it, clean it up and put some paint on it,, use it for free vend out on the deck!

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
empinball

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2010, 09:50:18 am »

A question for those of you who have this model, can a light up panel be added easily? 

Coca Cola - Westinghouse Standard Ice
Pepsi - Heintz Gullwing Electric
7 up - Vendo 56c-a Electric
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2010, 10:47:04 am »

Yes it can. What I usually do is go to a frame shop and have an aluminum frame made for it and then either have a sign shop make you a sign or if you want it to be Coke you can get a really nice one from funtronics. Then I buy a small florescent light from home depot or lowes and wire it into the bottle door light. It works really good. I attached some pictures of a few that I have done this way.
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2010, 10:52:23 am »

Here is another. This is the sign that is sold by funtronics. It is silk screened like the originals and is very nice and well worth the money. On this machine I used reflective aluminum tape from the hardware store. It made it much brighter. Also I forgot to say I took the light that I bought from lowes apart and put it into the machines on both. This allowed me to drill a hole on the bottom part of the machine just below the sign and mount the light switch below the sign inside of the coin door. This allowed the sign to be easily switched on and off.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: