SMC Discussion Areas
April 24, 2024, 03:06:09 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pawn Stars, and the resurgence of restoration TV shows, good?  (Read 13953 times)
Vendo_110
10 Cent Member

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2010, 07:53:01 am »

biggrin Lol nice mznb1u!

I just think with Rick of Rick's Restorations telling the Nation that the Cav 72 is worth $7K you will be forced to be patient.  Eventually, people will realize that, yes, the Cav72 is desireable but not worth 7K.  Especially a un-restored one!! 

If you look on CL right now, there are people trying to get 4500 for a V-39, 6000 for a V81, 6000 for a Cav-72.  All un-restored!  they wont sell and they will wonder why.  They will find this website/forum, and the pro's in here will educate them!

So in the end, I think they will end up at the right price!  I hope!  hopefull

Vendo 110 (Coke)
Vendo 56A (Coke)
Cavalier C-51 (Coke)
Cavalier C-72 (Coke)
VMC H56C Transitional (Dr Pepper)
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2010, 09:28:30 am »

Ha... But if you flip it around, the brand new potential buyer whose only research was to watch Pawn Stars (still waiting for that episode to air here) will think that this is the correct price for a 72/81/39 and may well indeed pay that price.

Speaking as someone who has always over paid for everything...

Dave
rayg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2010, 06:43:11 pm »

Hi fellow Michigander, I see you have a USS-8-64, I just picked up my 1st machine a USS-12-96. It's pretty clean because it sat in a little  barber shop since 73' and wasn't exposed to the harsh Michigan weather. My question is where or how do you get your labels for it?   I download some graphics of the brands I wanted and made some in labels in MS Word,  but I wondering if somewhere  sells the real thing.  Thanks,

1954 Stoner Senior
1964 United Orbit shuffle bowler   
1973 Cavalier USS-96
1976 Atari Night Driver
1979 Space Invaders Deluxe
1980 Centipede Cabaret (60in1)
1984 Williams Laser Cue Pinball
1993 IGT Wild Cherry Slot
1996 Police Trainer
2016 Visual Pinball Machine
Member : Michigan Mafia
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2010, 08:12:40 pm »

Welcome to the site!

Funtronics has the labels for the different brands http://www.fun-tronicsllc.com/ that is where I got mine.

There was another great suggestion for using magnets in this thread:

http://soda-machines.com/discussions/index.php/topic,10597.0.html

My 64 was my first machine and it spent it's entire life in the back room of a barbershop in Columbus, OH and that is why mine is in pretty good shape as well.  I love my 64 because it is so versatile.  Cans, bottles, plastic--it pretty much handles it all.

Where in MI are you located?  You will have to get to a Mafia meeting the next time we get together!

drinking Tim drinking
rayg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2010, 09:11:05 pm »

Thanks for the tips.... I first had money down on a Vendo-132-4, from http://games-peopleplay.com/  I started to have second thoughts when I couldn't find any real info manuals etc...on it, But as luck would have it when I went to pick it up the compressor won't run. So then I checked Craigslook.com and found  a Cavalier USS-96. It was a real bear getting in the basement...... I'm located in Macomb Township, the Mafia meeting sound good would like to go if could. thanks for asking. 

1954 Stoner Senior
1973 Cavalier USS-96
1976 Atari Night Driver
1996 Police Trainer
Pat Pixley
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2010, 10:46:26 pm »

Cool  A new member to add to Mafia  biggrin Welcome to the site  and if you would like to meet some of the members we will be in Fowlerville MI  May 15 at the fair ground  for the Mich gas & petroleum & Advertising  Swapmeet Tim , Kilroy (Jim), JohnieG & Bob (maybe )  and myself  from Michigan  Then (Dr Galaga)  Seven181 (Brian) and I think Brian B.

We have a spot  there ( No Banner) look for the  soda machines  smile .

And That was my first machine that i start with  it was a great machine.

Pat
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2010, 05:50:27 am »

RsyG,
I guess I'm the closes  to you,  from Wonderous Warren,  (well , moving this weekend)  so if you need something, give me a shout.  and yeah, good call on the passing the V132
 Thyinking when ther boxes are all unpacked, and the dust settle have the Mafia over  for a BBQ later this summer, I'll keep everyone posted.

Oh, yeah, for the initiation into the Michigan mafia - One: you have to have at least one pop machine, dispenser, or cooler,
two:  Be able show your current  residense area with your hand

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
rayg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2010, 06:11:30 pm »

Hi Pat and Kilroy, Thanks for the warm welcome to the  Mafia ...I think I meet the membership requirements barely …not to good with maps LOL.  I'm thinking  of going to the  Fowlerville  show it sound like fun and it will be cool to meet everyone.   I like the USS-96 too because of all the different things it can vend... especially water bottles ..my kids drink more water (with Arizona  powder tea) in them then pop...I don't know where I when wrong! 

I'm still working on what is the best way to label the selections...  mznb1u gave me some good info and examples.

Pat ,  I lived in Warren too, move  to Macomb Twp about 15 years ago for the Utica schools.  What town are you moving to?   Hopefully your machines aren't in the basement..   

A Newbie closing thoughts..... i.e. my two cents worth with change back.....

It seems to me that owning a  pop machine is like anything else I had to to tinker with.... cars , motorcycles, pinball machines, Jukeboxes etc... half the fun is getting the way you want it and sharing your journey with others that are doing the same.  I know too deep..... Sorry just got done helping my kid with his Philosophy paper. 

1954 Stoner Senior
1973 Cavalier USS-96
1976 Atari Night Driver
1996 Police Trainer
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2010, 09:00:16 pm »

For labeling the USS, someone here (I think) suggested using magnets.. I hot glued magnets to the center of the release lever.. this works great for metal caps.. For plastic caps, you can hot glue magnets (reverse polarity) inside the caps and use those to stick to the release lever.

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
VMC ST56B Royal Crown - being built
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
U-Select-It 5cent candybar machine
Marvin
Soda Jerks

« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2010, 08:34:42 am »

I saw the other day where Rick's Restorations is going to have a show.  Filming starts soon and airing in November.  You better get out there and start buying stuff up now.  Once it hits the air the prices are going to go crazy!!!!!!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: