SMC Discussion Areas
May 02, 2024, 07:14:21 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: This one stays with me! Vendo 56 (lotsa pics warning)  (Read 24848 times)
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2010, 05:25:37 pm »

Outstanding pics of the decals, Thanks!!
I'd still start with hot water. If that doesn't work, will need to test mineral spirits or laquer thinner in an out of the way spot. The orginal paint is enamel which can withstand everything but acetone/aircraft stripper.

The bottle stack looks to be electric. Might be able to trade that for a mech. stack. Think some of the parts are reproduced for the mechical.
Creighton

Vendo_110
10 Cent Member

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2010, 06:04:01 pm »

Outstanding pics of the decals, Thanks!!
I'd still start with hot water. If that doesn't work, will need to test mineral spirits or laquer thinner in an out of the way spot. The orginal paint is enamel which can withstand everything but acetone/aircraft stripper.

The bottle stack looks to be electric. Might be able to trade that for a mech. stack. Think some of the parts are reproduced for the mechical.
Creighton

You're welcome.  Gonna try and reproduce?

I am assuming that the door liner has been replaced since it was changed to an electric vend?  So youre saying I would have to replace the inner door panel?  Also, I am assuming along with a LD coin mech I would need the door lever that connects to the bottle stack as well as the crank handle.  Anything else I am missin?

Just tried hot water with zero luck on that oil paint.  I guess next mildest step is mineral spirits?

Vendo 110 (Coke)
Vendo 56A (Coke)
Cavalier C-51 (Coke)
Cavalier C-72 (Coke)
VMC H56C Transitional (Dr Pepper)
Vendo_110
10 Cent Member

« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2010, 06:08:53 pm »

Appears to be in excellent condition, especially the condenser compartment as well as the interior!
I did notice several of the louvers are severely bent or broken and the machine has been converted to electric.
Costs associated with acquiring the original coin mech could be costly, but this can be done at a later date too...

Thanks Jim,

I am hoping the louvers can be straightened an welded back into place.  Since this will be my showpiece I want it done right!  biggrin

Vendo 110 (Coke)
Vendo 56A (Coke)
Cavalier C-51 (Coke)
Cavalier C-72 (Coke)
Vendo_110
10 Cent Member

« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2010, 07:53:20 am »

Hey creighton,  Can you move this to the restoration section?  I think it would be better off there since I am going to be restoring this thing myself and will have a ton of questions.  Pretty please?!

Vendo 110 (Coke)
Vendo 56A (Coke)
Cavalier C-51 (Coke)
Cavalier C-72 (Coke)
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2010, 08:48:34 am »

I am assuming that the door liner has been replaced since it was changed to an electric vend?  So youre saying I would have to replace the inner door panel?  Also, I am assuming along with a LD coin mech I would need the door lever that connects to the bottle stack as well as the crank handle.  Anything else I am missin?

Your door liner is original, and I would be that you'd find that the linkage that would connect the mech to the bottle stack is behind there somewhere. You'll find it when you take off the door liner.

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2010, 08:55:58 am »

I'm afraid on the v56 the linkage is on the outside if the liner unlike the V81. You will have to look for the limkage although it may be reproduced. You did well on the price but if you are going to do it right you might as well buy a restored mech from Creighton. You will spend a good amount making it complete.
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2010, 10:01:58 am »

I'm afraid on the v56 the linkage is on the outside if the liner unlike the V81. You will have to look for the limkage although it may be reproduced. You did well on the price but if you are going to do it right you might as well buy a restored mech from Creighton. You will spend a good amount making it complete.
Duh,, uh yeah... sorry, forgot about the Linkage on the outside on the 56... tounge

I might have on.. let me look

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Pat Pixley
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2010, 11:17:48 am »

Vendo 110  Don't let these guy tell you stories this machine is only worth $10 don't waste your time on it you should sell it to ME   I can take it off your hands then you will have no worries biggrin

OK OK OK !!!!  That is a great score you did great you lucky dog biggrin.
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2010, 11:25:41 am »

Topic moved. Would like to reproduce those stickers one of these days. Any luck with the paint? Here is a picture of the door linkage.
Creighton
Vendo_110
10 Cent Member

« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2010, 03:29:28 pm »

Vendo 110  Don't let these guy tell you stories this machine is only worth $10 don't waste your time on it you should sell it to ME   I can take it off your hands then you will have no worries biggrin

OK OK OK !!!!  That is a great score you did great you lucky dog biggrin.

Thanks Pat!  Is it unusual that I was shaking a little when I was handing him the money??  biggrin

Vendo 110 (Coke)
Vendo 56A (Coke)
Cavalier C-51 (Coke)
Cavalier C-72 (Coke)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: