SMC Discussion Areas
May 01, 2024, 08:23:32 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: This one stays with me! Vendo 56 (lotsa pics warning)  (Read 24842 times)
Vendo_110
10 Cent Member

« on: April 12, 2010, 11:55:25 am »

I just picked this up.  Needs a couple of things,  especially a paint job.  How much you think its worth as is?  And how much cash do you think I will have to put into it?  Thanks fellow collectors!

Vendo 110 (Coke)
Vendo 56A (Coke)
Cavalier C-51 (Coke)
Cavalier C-72 (Coke)
VMC H56C Transitional (Dr Pepper)
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2010, 01:57:49 pm »

Wow, someone woodgrained a RT. Too funny. Paint maybe just fine under the brown. It has been converted to electric mech. At least 500 to convert it back.
Creighton
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2010, 02:29:21 pm »

WOW.. did is suppose to be camoflouge or woodgrain.. either way.. strip that sucker down fast.. man it's ugly..
as stated already your missing the coin mech, but looks like the electric set up is still there so if so and want to keep it electric, I think electric coin mechs can be bought for 150-175?
if your converting back to mechanica, then yeah, around 500 or so for that?
Paint cost will depend on who you are having do it for you? I'd budget aroudn 1000-1200 for a good strip down and repaint.

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Vendo_110
10 Cent Member

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2010, 02:37:37 pm »

Thanks guys!  He gave me the electric mech, but I want to restore to original.  No glass on the bottle door either.  Is that original??

I paid $600 for it.  Is that a good price?  It cools great and has absolutely zero rust except for the small amount you see on the bottom of the liner.

Vendo 110 (Coke)
Vendo 56A (Coke)
Cavalier C-51 (Coke)
Cavalier C-72 (Coke)
sodaworks
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2010, 02:57:23 pm »

You did great!! The machine should clean up nicely. That thick layer of paint helped preserve the machine. Terry

TERRY@SODAWORKS RESTORATIONS
Lots of Round Top machines
Buy-Sell-Trade-Restorations
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2010, 02:59:06 pm »

I think you did well for $600.00.

The solid door can be changed for a glass one... There are topics about this in the archive.

I know I changed a solid door for a glass door on a 56 about three years ago so have a search round...

Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2010, 03:22:51 pm »

Appears to be in excellent condition, especially the condenser compartment as well as the interior!
I did notice several of the louvers are severely bent or broken and the machine has been converted to electric.
Costs associated with acquiring the original coin mech could be costly, but this can be done at a later date too...

My six cents,

Jim

Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2010, 03:40:01 pm »

600 is a great price. I'd try very hot water first to get the paint off. If it is just latex, that should do the trick. Compressor has been replaced with a later model but that is a good thing. Attached is a picture of the orginal coin mech assembly. Collecture can help you with a replacement. Need to see a pic of the bottom of the bottle stack to see if it is electric or manual. The door can be cut or a skin ordered. Plenty of folks here to help with that project.

If you could please take hi-res pics of the insulation and dupont paint stickers. Mine have been scratched out. Any questions or pics needed just ask. Looks to be a no beltline rust 56, great score!!
Creighton

Vendo_110
10 Cent Member

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2010, 04:51:29 pm »

600 is a great price. I'd try very hot water first to get the paint off. If it is just latex, that should do the trick. Compressor has been replaced with a later model but that is a good thing. Attached is a picture of the orginal coin mech assembly. Collecture can help you with a replacement. Need to see a pic of the bottom of the bottle stack to see if it is electric or manual. The door can be cut or a skin ordered. Plenty of folks here to help with that project.

If you could please take hi-res pics of the insulation and dupont paint stickers. Mine have been scratched out. Any questions or pics needed just ask. Looks to be a no beltline rust 56, great score!!
Creighton

Here are the hi-res insulation/dupont paint pics. I also included a hi-res pic of an exterior "Union Made" sticker.  the guy I bought it from said its an oil-based paint.  Any ideas on how to remove?

Oh and a photo of the bottom of bottle stack.

Vendo 110 (Coke)
Vendo 56A (Coke)
Cavalier C-51 (Coke)
Cavalier C-72 (Coke)
Vendo_110
10 Cent Member

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2010, 04:53:14 pm »

Hmm hi-res not working to like.

Direct link!

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/1p04qkxQh78gJolDQqwt9A?feat=directlink

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/JXdEiKUqzm7IkK4VC2Mg9g?feat=directlink