SMC Discussion Areas
April 27, 2024, 04:18:35 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Coca Cola Superior Junior  (Read 4328 times)
Aron

« on: March 24, 2010, 11:13:26 pm »

Does anyone here own a Coca-Cola Superior Junior picnic cooler?  I found a really nice one today, and since they are fairly uncommon, I had a couple of questions for anyone who may own another original.  (It's on Page 7 of Jeff Walter's picnic cooler book).

1) I think someone may have repainted this one at some point, but I'm not positive.  Was the underside of the lid painted red or was it just bare metal?  How about the underside of the cooler?

2) The few pictures I've seen of this type of cooler usually shows a sort of "octogan" shaped carrying handle.  This one has a more rounded, bale type carrying handle.  Were they made with both types of carrying handles?  

3) Some photos I've seen also show a raised or embossed "lip" or "ridge" that goes around the body of the cooler -- one about an inch from the bottom and the other about an inch from the top.  This one does not have those "ridges", but everything else is identical to the photos I've seen and the dimensions are identical.  Some must have been made without the two "ridges"?  
« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 11:19:10 pm by Aron » Logged
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2010, 09:44:18 am »

1) I think someone may have repainted this one at some point, but I'm not positive.  Was the underside of the lid painted red or was it just bare metal?  How about the underside of the cooler?

the underside of the lid ( food side) never had paint on it, it was usually bare/galvanized metal, if the bottom was raise off the ground (so to speak) & not in direct contact with the "ground" they were also usually just galavanized/bare metal, but some coolers have "flush" bottoms that rest on little emossed "pads" that serve as contact points ( like very short stubby legs of a table) on these coolers they had painted bottoms

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
Aron

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2010, 02:23:37 pm »

Thanks, this cooler is completely flush (flat) on the bottom, no pads or space at all.  Does anyone else own one of these Superior Juniors?  Any help on the above questions would be greatly appreciated if anybody has one they could take a look at!! 

I've attached some photos -- these are really small coolers, but very neat looking. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: