SMC Discussion Areas
April 28, 2024, 01:03:28 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Westinghouse DU-144  (Read 4928 times)
kg4mon

« on: March 26, 2010, 08:18:46 am »

Does anyone have or know where to get parts for these?  help  I have just purchased a du144 and needing all of the rubber seals.  I looked on fun-tronics site and seen some of the small door welting and main door seal by the foot.  I would rather have the one piece main door seal but understand these may not be reproduced.  I also need a door handle assembly.  The handle is totally missing. I need a cap catcher and a drip pan too.   I have searched on the internet for the last couple of days but I haven't been able to find much on these machines.  It is in perfect working condition and cools great (well it did, I just took it apart and got it back yesterday from the sand blaster, starting the body work next week). 

Thanks Rick
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2010, 08:47:47 am »

Funtronics is probably going to be your best bet...

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2010, 09:05:18 am »

Use the by the foot and where they meet use super glue and it becomes one piece. have them meet at the bottom and you will never see it.
kg4mon

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2010, 10:43:27 am »

That's what I was thinking about for main door seal.  Thanks  Fun-tronics doesn't seem to have the drain pan , cap catcher, and door handle.  I also didn't see the main seal for the smaller cola door. It's thicker than the main door seal.   Anybody else? I will certainly get what I can from them.  I emailed them with the parts I needed but didn't get a response so I figured they couldn't help.  Should I post this in the swap meet area?
« Last Edit: March 26, 2010, 12:07:53 pm by kg4mon » Logged
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2010, 04:23:15 pm »

The DU-144 is not a very common machine. As for a drain pan I have found a mason jar works just fine. Is there something wrong with your bottle door seal? It may be similar to one of the other machines. If you need one I would try and find a bigger replacement seal and cut it down.
kg4mon

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2010, 11:55:23 am »

Yeah it's very hard and has some cracks and splits in it.  I figured it being my first coke machine I would pick the one hardest to find parts for.  Just my luck.   darn
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: