SMC Discussion Areas
May 01, 2024, 08:26:19 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Project - VMC 81 Pepsi  (Read 30812 times)
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #70 on: July 09, 2010, 08:23:15 pm »

I would be very upset if I were you. Leaving the bar code tags on the fan and the compressor?Huh?? Isn't the deck base supposed to be a pinkish red? and the insulation on the lines??? This is going in a 100% restored machine and a Pepsi 81 at that! After 4 months I would expect perfection. Let me guess someone in the Carolinas did this rebuild? There have been other members with a lot of problems with their chocolate covered cherry work. Remember leonard's (Ltransam's) problem with his cooler and then someone else had a deck rebuilt by them and it was so bad it couldn't even be used. I would demand at least 25% back and if he wont then call the BBB
BrianB
Soda Jerks

« Reply #71 on: July 09, 2010, 09:24:29 pm »

I didn't pay for this, except for shipping it there, it was a freebie to make up for a previous set of errors that was made on my Westinghouse WC-44SK refrigeration deck.

Yes, you are correct on the location.

Brian
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #72 on: July 09, 2010, 09:43:25 pm »

I don't think it looks too bad. The compressor has been replaced with a modern one and I believe the evaporator may be from a Vendo, but not a big deal.
        One thing I noticed is the capillary tube from the thermostat does not seem to be connected to the evaporator, or at least where it should be.
        The only improvement I can suggest is to move the wiring harness (birds nest) to the rear out of view when the main door is open.......and to color code the compressor plate to the machine, but that is not really the job of the compressor guy.
        You got the job done at a bargain price, anything else you need to do is minimal.

Glen
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #73 on: July 09, 2010, 10:27:33 pm »

I didn't know it was a freebe but still take the stickers off the fan and the compressor. Come on that should be a given. Even though it was free given the problems with your last system this one should have been 100%. At least that is the way I would personally feel if I was doing the work. If my people messed up a job (which does happen to us all from time to time) and I needed to do another to make it up to the person I would want to make an example of it.
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #74 on: July 10, 2010, 12:08:35 am »

I think it looks pretty good. Way better than my machine looks. What is that foam on one of the lines for? Does that make it more efficent?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: