SMC Discussion Areas
June 26, 2024, 01:45:32 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lend me your ears, please.  (Read 4707 times)
NipRing
« on: March 08, 2010, 04:03:22 pm »

This is my first pop machine. Its a Choice-Vend CVC-224-E that i picked up for $100. Previous owner said it was in storage for about 5 years. After i got it home, let it sit 24hrs, plugged it in and it seems to work great so far. However, there's this noise, I dont know if its normal or if there is something wrong. There is a lot of squealing coming from one of the fans in the back behind the can rack. With the door closed, its not terrible, but with the door open its kinda loud. I took a quick 30 sec video to record the sound.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lPle1ucM6g
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2010, 06:20:29 pm »

OH MY GAWD!!! QUICK, STICK A BANANA IN YOUR EAR!!! ITS...IT'S THE BANANA KING!   biggrin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UPw4tWg01c&feature=related   

but seriously, no it's a bad sound, your machine has 3 separate evaporator fans located behind the vending rack & they are the cheapest little pieces of junk, the noise you hear is the bushings on the electric fan motors going bye-bye. & they are "howling" (vibrating ) you will need to replace them. they are relatively cheap to replace, many of our sponsors offer replacements.

as a side note when you look at the way they are wired together, you'll notice that they are "Daisey-chained " with a bunch of plastic quick connect type wiring connectors, don't freak out, they are all just wired in parallel.

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
NipRing
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2010, 07:03:06 pm »

I assume the can rack must come out but I have no idea where to begin that process.
NipRing
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2010, 07:44:36 pm »

Something like this?
http://www.drillspot.com/products/84716/Dayton_3LC32_Evaporator_Fan_Motor
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2010, 07:55:05 pm »

I'm not sure how the vending rack is removed, but looking for mounting bolts along the back upper and lower corners would a place to start.
Once you have the rack out, see if you can narrow down the noise to which one of the motors is bad then match the motor to what's available...

My six cents,

Jim

MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2010, 08:37:08 pm »

No need to remove the can stack. A wing-nut should hold in the drop chute and then you will be able to access the fan motors and evaporator.

Glen
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2010, 09:13:19 pm »

yep. that's the one!

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
NipRing
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2010, 09:43:01 pm »

No need to remove the can stack. A wing-nut should hold in the drop chute and then you will be able to access the fan motors and evaporator.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll check it out in the morning.
NipRing
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2010, 08:46:04 pm »

Ok, so i searched thoroughly for a wingnut, but found nothing like that. However, i did remove the bottom spindles/gear boxs by removing 2 screws and unplugging a wire harness, sliding it out. And then 3 more screws and then the can rack came right out. And yes i know its probably just a band-aid fix, but i removed each fan/motor and cleaned it up and gave it a good lube. Put them back in. Quiet as can be. Might last a day, might last forever. Either way, now i know how to get to them. Thanks for the help!
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 09:17:47 pm by NipRing » Logged
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2010, 09:06:03 pm »

laugh Banana King!  laugh  Johnie--you kill me!  I still like the Leopluradon better!

Shun the non-believer!!!

drinking Tim drinking
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: