SMC Discussion Areas
September 19, 2024, 02:23:06 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Neat pepsi can  (Read 8899 times)
vend_dr
25 Cent Member

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2010, 09:43:01 pm »

Very impressive collection! Are those all steel cans? Look to be in pristine condition.

Thank You! Yes these are all steel cans and all of them were bottled in Minnesota. There are a few off grade cans if you look closely but most are pretty much like you would have found them when they were new. This is just a small portion of my collection although I have downsized it quit a bit. At one time I had over 2000 different Shasta cans but have been slowly selling those off.
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2010, 10:18:15 pm »

I think I might have a new thing to collect.  They are really neat looking. Right now I have the can on display on my 7up clock. Fits perfectly. Also I did not intend this at all the arrow is pointing to the pepsi machine but it just worked out this way. lol

mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2010, 10:31:19 pm »

Clock and messag board looks great but it should say "Go Blue!"  biggrin

drinking Tim drinking
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2010, 10:46:37 pm »

drinking Tim drinking
Had to put Go Big Red for the Huskers. Thanks the clock is really a cool thing to have here. It was a pain in the first place as the mechanism did not work but I took it appart but I got it working. Only thing wrong is that the light takes for ever to turn on.
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2010, 10:23:31 pm »

Don't forget the tennis ball rocket launcher. You would can-punch a hole in the bottom of one and leave the top alone with the pull tab removed, tape two more cans on top of it with their top and bottoms cut out. I think we would put a little rubbing alcohol in the bottom one and light it through the can-punched hole. The tennis ball would fire out of it like a bazooka going 100-150 ft. up in the air.
That sounds like it would be fun.
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2010, 01:38:28 am »

It was great fun. We used lighter fluid. Another one for playing Army was secure a can on a short piece of broom handle. Drill a hole to hold a firecracker. Very good "gernade". Didn't have SWAT teams or Homeland Security issues back then.
Creighton
Chedki
25 Cent Member

« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2010, 10:44:32 am »

That sounds like it would be fun.

It was fun until the principal of my Junior High school confiscated it from us while we were playing with it on recess.

Royal Crown Cola Ideal 55 slider
Nichol Kola Quikold Standard
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2010, 10:56:22 am »

I think  back to the things we did as kids, and wonder how  I'm still alive, with all  limbs, eyes, toes and fingers still intact today.

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2010, 12:00:27 am »

I found another one today. Went to an antique store and found some aluminum mountain dew cans. Bought one for a buck and I now have it sitting on my 7up clock with the pepsi can and the 7up can. I kind of like finding these cans. They are cheap and easy to find and they are also neat to display with stuff like this.
Pat Pixley
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2010, 12:09:58 am »

drinking Tim drinking
    Don't you mean GO GREEN biggrin 
Hey Vend Dr Do collect can's from just MN.  ?   I have some that I will snap a picture of tomorrow
to show you.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: