SMC Discussion Areas
October 05, 2024, 10:29:26 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Old Vendo film  (Read 5491 times)
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« on: January 09, 2010, 12:30:53 am »

Has anyone seen this before? I found this today and thought it was pretty cool. I would love to have one of those mini machines that the designer has.
http://www.archive.org/details/RefreshingLo
memorylane
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2010, 09:57:16 am »

I bought this DVD on ebay a year or so ago. Great video.
mrsoda
25 Cent Member

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2010, 10:38:22 am »

great movie, what happened to this country, now everything is made in china, take a look what we are in for next  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tv59PJ30WeM 
memorylane
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2010, 11:19:57 am »

Everyone should watch this, the end is very good!!!!

Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2010, 05:10:38 pm »

Both videos were good.

I like the mono tone voices from the Vendo video, oh yeah, don't forget the harp playing when they change scenes from one Vendo "salesman" to another.  Very classic ancient video.  I fel like I am watching the 1950's movies grade school again.

As for video two, I personally like incadescent bulbs better.  I tried to use the compact flourescents in some of my beer signs.  Thinking that lower wattage and brighter bulb made sense.  On some scrolling signs, the effects are lost with the compact flourecents.

A lot of stuff.
RC kid
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2010, 07:55:30 pm »

I am not a true tree hugger, But I hate polluting, and I hate the fact that my household makes so much waste per week. I am trying to find ways of reducing the amount of waste my household makes, including the amount of wasted energy. I have converted to the CFM light bulbs, but as I did so I wondered about the true savings to the environment.
   I am not an expert but it sure seems to me that Mercury should not be an item used in huge quantities in the average household. (Yeah, what is considered huge?) And I thought about what the congressman was saying (two years ago) as I bought all those expensive Chinese made light bulbs, which surprises me that they are all chinese made (can you say monopoly).
   I did the same thinking when I priced the new Japanese made hybrids. It would take me years to save the money in fuel needed to offset the extremely high price of these cars. And I was comparing them to the vehicle I need, the all too infamous and all too wasteful SUV. Which I drive because it is the only thing besides a mini van that will carry all my little minions. 
   And I can't figure out how people get their bags of aluminum cans inside their Smart Cars so as to take them to the recycling yard. (You see, I recycle everything I can, and I need a truck to do it with). It is almost like getting a Vendo 64 into the backseat of a Ford Thunderbird. And how you guys pull that off, I'll never be able to figure.

As for the Vendo Video, Cool...very cool. Thanks for sharing
David D
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2010, 10:46:45 pm »

thanks for posting, great film.  things seemed so simple in the past...
Kapri
5 Cent Member

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2010, 11:04:40 pm »

Bet those people making those machines never imagined someone would be restoring their handywork 40 years later!
Crazzy Canuck
25 Cent Member

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2010, 03:26:40 pm »

That's cool Vendo movie. I want a pair of the vendo cover alls.

Jeff...quite the vid. That's pretty sad. Forcing you Americans to use those light bulbs! Oo Everything it seems is made in China. I used to be a machinst. Ha!!!! China and India started to do it for pennies on the dollar! And Junk too!

Canada started pushing those lights 4 or 5 years ago. Now they tell us not to use them as they'll burn your house down jawdrop

Always buying "off brand" machines and ice chests
Constant buyer of vmc 33-3D's & Jacobs 26
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2010, 12:52:42 am »

Love the Vendo Movie!  The office building shown at 1 min 20 sec into the film looks a lot like the Ford World Headquarters Building (aka The Glass House) in Dearborn, MI as pictured from the east parking lot off of Mercury Drive.

Very cool stuff!

drinking Tim drinking
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: