SMC Discussion Areas
March 28, 2024, 09:40:32 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Compressor Noise? Put hand pressure on top, and the noise stops!  (Read 9458 times)
MICoke

Cavalier CSS-8-64, Mercer Island, WA

« on: January 07, 2010, 03:29:41 pm »

Hi all,

My new CSS-8-64 is running fine, vending cold bottles!  Everything is working, (except the "Have a Coke" light, and thanks to all for troubleshooting, and helping me as this issue as it's still in process).  I do however, have another challenge/issue.

After my Craigslist purchase, I transported my C64 home, Note: the move was vertical, in an upright position.  Cleaned it up, vacuumed it up, and did not intentionally power it up for about 2 days, (let the freon to settle).  When I first plugged it in and on, I immediately noticed a humming noise.  Is it the fan, or is it the Compressor?  Being that everything is original, I didn't remember hearing this noise at the seller's residence.  Anyways, I've enclosed  a couple of photos of my compressor.  Now, here's the deal.  When I place my hand on top of the black compressor, and put a little pressure on it, the humming noise goes away!  So, by the process of elimination, is it safe to say that the noise is coming from the Compressor, and not my Fan?  Also, if I put a little pressure on it, and the noise immediately stops, what can I do to fix the problem?  The noise comes and goes when the compressor goes thru it's cycles.  Sometimes it's quiet.  But if you wait about 5 minutes, the noise comes back on.  Place hand on it, with some pressure, and the humming noise dissipates.  Anyone with solutions?
« Last Edit: January 07, 2010, 03:33:33 pm by MICoke » Logged

MI-Coke
CSS-8-64
Mercer Island, WA
GvtProprty

« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2010, 04:53:14 pm »

Are the mounting bolts for the compressor deck tight? Or perhaps the rubber vibration dampeners have rotted away.

Cavalier CSS-64FS
Cornelius Compact 50
MICoke

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2010, 05:07:16 pm »

I'll check both.  If it is the vibrations dampeners, I see that Fun-Tronics has Vibration Isolation Mounts on their website, and I guess I would then call Janet.  This is great advice.  Thanks....I'll let you know.

MI-Coke
CSS-8-64
Mercer Island, WA
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2010, 05:22:02 pm »

Great advice so far! Also check that the machine isn't vibrating against the floor.
Welcome to the board.
Creighton
spokane, wa
« Last Edit: January 07, 2010, 10:03:21 pm by Creighton » Logged
MICoke

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2010, 05:28:42 pm »

Hey, I was hoping someone would say "welcome aboard"!  It's a once in a lifetime thing, right?  I am thrilled to be an owner, and thrilled to be part of this great family of enthusiasts.

MI-Coke
CSS-8-64
Mercer Island, WA
GreginNM
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2010, 06:13:16 pm »

Also make sure something isn't resting on the compressor somewhere that is causing the vibration sound.  My money is on the rubber dampners or a loose bolt!

Like said before, welcome to the site!  Nice looking FIRST machine!   biggrin

Greg

Greg

Vendo: 39B, Standard
Jacobs: 35
Ideal: 35 DP
Westinghouse: WB-66-MD, WD-10, Junior, Standard
SelectiVend: S-48 DP x 2
SelVend: S-47 7up
oldcoke
5 Cent Member

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2010, 04:28:25 pm »

You can always get the wife to sit back there and keep preassure on it.  jawdrop What??  glare Maybe not...
sbcroix

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2013, 02:58:43 pm »

You can always get the wife to sit back there and keep preassure on it.  jawdrop What??  glare Maybe not...

laugh

This was a great post for me as well.  I have a similar problem, and I am missing the rubber dampeners all together (never had them, so didn't know they were missing).
Just assumed it was loud because it was old
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: