SMC Discussion Areas
September 17, 2024, 08:47:08 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Spoiled Under 30 crowd  (Read 8172 times)
halehouse
Soda Jerks

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2010, 09:35:01 pm »

I also remember this large floor model TV. This a pic of me in 1974. We had an antenna, but you couldn't control it from the inside. I guess something was broken. We had 3 TV stations, but they wouldn't all have a good picture at the same time. Our antenna was attached to a pole at the corner of the house that ran from ground level up above the 2nd story. So, when you wanted to change channels, someone would have to go outside and turn this pole by hand. The other person would stand inside and would rap on the window when the picture was good. We lived pretty close to the Ohio Turnpike too and the TV would pick up truckers' CB talk.

Vendo 63 Stylestar (Restored)
Glascock Standard
Cornelius 50 Slider (Restored)
cdc1960
10 Cent Member

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2010, 09:41:02 pm »

now that`s a picture that belongs on that link....

Vendo 44, 63
Cornelius SVM48E3, Cornelius Diplomat
AMI D80, G120
Gotlieb Genie
Bennett 956
Eco 240
Theatre Popcorn machine
Watling Horoscope Penny Scale
gum machines, parking meter, taxi meter, pay phone, etc...
it's getting out of hand..
halehouse
Soda Jerks

« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2010, 09:47:35 pm »

now that`s a picture that belongs on that link....

Those all look to be street/car scenes (and pretty neat too). I have some that could go on there. There is one with me and my brother trick or treating and dressed up as clowns. I would say it is about 1977 or so. We are at the curb and the patrol car is next to us and the cop is leaning out the window with a big smile. It is a pretty cool pic with the car, the uniform, etc.

Glascock Standard
cdc1960
10 Cent Member

« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2010, 10:12:08 pm »

it eventually covers just about every facet of life```` here`s a page of Christmas pics.. sounds like yours belong....

http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/338226/page/1/fpart/128/vc/1

Vendo 44, 63
AMI D80, G120
Gotlieb Genie
Bennett 956
Eco 240
Theatre Popcorn machine
cdc1960
10 Cent Member

« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2010, 10:24:54 pm »

and when you`re bored, here`s another...

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=428585

Vendo 44, 63
AMI D80, G120
Gotlieb Genie
Bennett 956
Eco 240
Theatre Popcorn machine
Basementgeek
10 Cent Member

« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2010, 10:28:56 pm »

Not going to get much sympathy from us that over 60, try growing up in the 40-50-60's.
If you had a TV it was black and white.  You had one phone, sitting on a table with a cord and a dial.
No Air conditioning, Milkman came every day.  Never heard of a school bus.

No copiers, used mimeograph instead, Typewriters had cloth ribbons.  to open a soda or beer you needed a
church key.  

BG
halehouse
Soda Jerks

« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2010, 11:09:47 pm »

it eventually covers just about every facet of life```` here`s a page of Christmas pics.. sounds like yours belong....

http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/338226/page/1/fpart/128/vc/1

Those are some really neat shots. I'll have to dig out some pics!

Glascock Standard
halehouse
Soda Jerks

« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2010, 11:13:17 pm »

Not going to get much sympathy from us that over 60, try growing up in the 40-50-60's.
If you had a TV it was black and white.  You had one phone, sitting on a table with a cord and a dial.
No Air conditioning, Milkman came every day.  Never heard of a school bus.

No copiers, used mimeograph instead, Typewriters had cloth ribbons.  to open a soda or beer you needed a
church key. 

BG

Rotary phones lasted a while. Remember if you made a mistake while dialing...5 (tick, tick, tick, tick, tick,) 4 (tick, tick, tick, tick) 2 (tick, tick) 8 (tick, tick, tick, tick, tick, tick, tick, tick), 6...o crap!  Start over....5 (tick, tick, tick, tick, tick)...    darn

Glascock Standard
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2010, 11:16:05 pm »

At the grocery store... sometimes mom would LEAVE us in the car as she shopped  ( '68 GTO Dark Green with black interior) my brother and I would dang near sweat to death... Or if we got to go in.. and we were good we got a soda from the square top 56 models in the corner for a quarter ... one was a Coke the other a 7up... beside them was the large basket you brought your return bottles in... I remember badly rolled/recycled Cokes and Pepsi... Wish now we would have just drank them and set the 6 packs on a shelf somewhere...
The TV remote we had was my little brother.... I was the dish washer... I would stand in the kitchen and watch the Muppet Show from the reflection in the oven door as I did the dishes... I walked to school from K to the 3rd grade
about 3 blocks... no way today! You have to check the internet to see where the child molesters live now...
Had a '78 Olds with an 8 track... EAGLES, CCR and Charlie Daniels....
Going to the Library was a good one... look through the slides/or was it called fish slides?.... to look up old news paper articles.... wow... enough...

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
pepsi-perk
10 Cent Member

« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2010, 12:08:11 am »

I remember rushing home from school to watch Batman....the title screen would come on and it said in big words...Batman...In Color....NOT ON MY TV !!   Black and White with channels 2, 4 & 5....then years later we got two more stations in town...thought we were living high on the hog then.

We had one phone - rotary - I must of loved Batman a lot because I put a big batman sticker on it and the phone was bright red...I guess I thought I would maybe get a call from the Commissioner about some trouble with the Riddler or the Joker.

I remember getting real toys for gifts like Tonka toys, matchbox cars, BB guns and stuff that required an imagination to go along with it - not like all these dumb video games these days.

Those were fun days...I hate being a grown-up.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: