SMC Discussion Areas
October 05, 2024, 06:54:01 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Next Acquisition  (Read 9156 times)
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« on: December 20, 2009, 07:40:17 pm »

In the process of trying to buy the below pictured item.  Anybody know anything about these or ever move one?  This one has a 12 foot playing surface.  The cradle comes apart but the playing surfact is one piece.

Any advice would be helpful.

drinking Tim drinking
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2009, 07:42:12 pm »

I'd love to get one, but they take up too much space.. I have 5 arcade games in the space it would take to fit that..

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
VMC ST56B Royal Crown - being built
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
U-Select-It 5cent candybar machine
RC kid
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2009, 10:48:59 pm »

That is so cool! I could spend some hours playing that with my son.

Good luck with it.
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2009, 03:12:18 am »

Sorry Guys, What is it???

Looks like an over sized snooker table... Looks substantial and very well made...

Dave
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2009, 06:17:30 am »

Dave,

I got your PM and will hopefully be sending a package your way by the end of the week.  What you are looking at in the pictures is a 12 foot long shuffleboard table.  The playing surface is 2 inch thick maple made like a butcher block and is one long piece--very heavy.  You use metal pucks and slide them down the table.  You score if you stop them near the end without falling off.  The white stuff on the table is powdered wax to help the pucks slide.  You can also get a bowling pin set up for these tables.

I have contacted a few sources to determine the manufacturer as the plate is missing but I suspect that this table is better than 50 years old.  I have wanted one for a while and I have the perfect spot in the basement for it.  Hopefully, I can strike a deal today.

drinking Tim drinking
COREY
5 Cent Member

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2009, 08:47:02 am »

I grew up on the Tennessee river and when I was a child, about 30 years ago, and we would stop on the river bank and walk up a huge hill where a small restaurant by day and a beer joint by night was to get snacks and sodas for the day. I remember playing on one of those shuffleboard tables back then. They used very fine saw dust on it to make the pucks slide. You'll find the same game on cruise ships except on a larger scale. I think its a great find and something different. Love to play it. I say buy it!!
Crazzy Canuck
25 Cent Member

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2009, 09:06:22 am »

I have 1 I'd love to get rid of. It has the light up score board as well. That one there is a nice one as well.

Good luck. Mark

Always buying "off brand" machines and ice chests
Constant buyer of vmc 33-3D's & Jacobs 26
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2009, 11:52:45 am »

I'd love to have one of those as well... SPace is always the issue... but they are fun!

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2010, 07:39:39 pm »

Pulled the trigger today!  Took a while because a few other things came up but I knew the seller did not have any other lookers and she never re-listed it on CL.  She called me last week and wanted to know if I was still interested.  She wanted $800 but I got her down to $600 which seems like a good price based on the research and many that I have looked at.  Plus it is a vintage table with curved ends which looks a lot better that the new tables with sharp corners.  Eventually, I will refinish the top and the cradle but it plays nice as it is.

Got the approval of the War Department as well! happydrinkers We were at a bar in Detroit last Summer and we played a few games on a table just like this one and my wife loved it!

Picking up some time next week.  I have been told that the playing field will weigh somewhere in the 350 to 400 pound range. wow Good thing I have two high school aged football players who do a lot of weightlifting!  I will let them cary the playing field and I will take care of the pucks!  laugh Cool biggrin

I guess I will have to let them play the first game when it is set up!  biggrin Pictures to follow when it is home sweet home.

drinking Tim drinking
tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2010, 08:00:05 pm »

Great find Tim, I was playing that last weekend with a few old college buddies, always a great time.  A little more room in my basement, and I'd have one.

Now, what do you call it...shufflepuck, shuffleboard, puck bowling?  That debate came up as well!

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: