SMC Discussion Areas
March 28, 2024, 08:04:45 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Coinco S75-9800B problems  (Read 23479 times)
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2009, 04:41:57 pm »

Not if in good working condition and kept clean. Always a good idea to replace the wiring going into the coin mech. Problems in the harness will fry the mech.
Creighton
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2009, 04:56:18 pm »

Ok so the one I have is just old and not working right. It does not look too good, the board looks good but every thing that was exposed is pretty dirty looking. I think the machine used to be outside at one time because everything especially the bottom area with the condensor and compressor was covered in dirt.
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2009, 09:18:11 pm »

the circuit boards are subjected to the same aging as any other 30year old electronics, mechanically they hold up pretty good, ( baring physical damage from abuse & mishandling ) they are simple to use & maintain, and are still quite popular for these home use machines. once any damaged electronics are replaced, they are good to go for another 10+ years

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2009, 09:33:33 pm »

That is good to know. I do want to get another mech sometime and maybe use the one I have for parts. I think everything else is good except for the logic board. How do you clean out the insides of the slug rejector? That part on my machine is really dirty from years of coins going through it and is making the dimes get stuck sometimes.
tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2009, 05:23:39 pm »

Take it out of the mech, and give it a good wash with dish soap and water, then let it dry well.  If you have compressed air, blow it out with that.

johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2009, 12:53:45 pm »

Take it out of the mech, and give it a good wash with dish soap and water, then let it dry well.  If you have compressed air, blow it out with that.

Remember to only wash the slug rejector, not the entire "mech" you can also put the slug-rejector in the top rack of a dishwasher, just prop the coin-reject rail ( hinged part that swings out) open with a pencil & let it go through a wash-cycle. 

11 is louder than 10...
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2009, 12:05:13 am »

How do I test to see if a switch is not working? I need to check the switch that is in the payout motor area. I think it tells the logic board when a coin is payed out. They also said that this could be an issue as well.
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2009, 12:49:15 pm »

if you mean the vertical (sliding) switch on the front of the coinmech, that switch is often called the inventory switch all it does is eject the coins from the change tubes ( in your case nickels) but if the payout motor wont run, it usually is because it has no voltage (as it receives it's 12 volts DC from the logic board, also if your logic board has a bad voltage regulator, it will mis-count the change given, or mis-count the coins received ( causing eratic price acceptance, or causing the 'mech to not accept coins at all)  to test the switch you'd need a continuity checker, or an OHM meter, it's no different than checking a light-switch, one way is "on" the other "off ( this switch is a momentary/normally "off" type, so just think of it as a sliding door-bell switch)

« Last Edit: December 28, 2009, 01:04:20 pm by johnieG » Logged

11 is louder than 10...
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2009, 02:47:43 pm »

Isnt there a switch that is hooked up to the part that dispenses the coins? Sorry I can not post pics I am at home right now and I can't get access to the machine untill around january 10th.
Pat Pixley
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2009, 07:29:33 pm »

Just a thought instead of dancing around with the coin mech just send it off to Johnie G , he has
done a few of my coin mechs and they work when he is done with them  John has all the stuff plus the coin mech testers believe me it is worth it...
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: