SMC Discussion Areas
March 28, 2024, 10:51:01 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Coinco S75-9800B problems  (Read 23472 times)
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« on: December 09, 2009, 11:23:41 am »

Hello
I purchased a vendorlator VF-165 about a month ago and I am having some problems with the coin mech. The first problem I noticed was when I set the machine back to 50 cents and when you put the 50 cents in it the coin mech would charge you 40 cents and give you change back. After some messing around the machine all of a sudden worked at 50 cents. Then after about a week later it started its new problem. Sometimes when you put money in it once the correct value is reached the machine will start dropping all the nickels in the nickel tubes and not stop untill I unplug the coin mech. Here is a video I took of it going nuts. http://s515.photobucket.com/albums/t357/ScaleBowler/?action=view&current=Coinmechproblem.flv  I contacted coinco about it and they said I need to buy a refurbished coin mech from them because they no longer have replacement parts but I would really like to try to fix this one before I have to go and spend as much money as I paid for the machine.
Thanks
Alex
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2009, 12:46:45 am »

Does anyone know of a good replacement for this coin mech that is not going to cost a ton of money? I was told that a refurbished one would cost $125
90grad
Soda Jerks

Thanks to all our veterans for our freedom!

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2009, 06:07:47 am »

I think a member here (Johnie G) has some for sale for about half that in the classifieds section of this site.

Wayne

Mid-Atlantic Chapter

Cavalier 51 (1953)
Cavalier Airline Cooler
7-Up Picnic Cooler
Vendo 110 (1957)
VMC 56 Bottle (1964)
VMC 56 Can
Westinghouse Master Water Bath Cooler
Westinghouse Standard Ice Cooler
Westinghouse WB-102 (1963)
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2009, 12:37:06 pm »

Hello
I purchased a vendorlator VF-165 about a month ago and I am having some problems with the coin mech. The first problem I noticed was when I set the machine back to 50 cents and when you put the 50 cents in it the coin mech would charge you 40 cents and give you change back. After some messing around the machine all of a sudden worked at 50 cents. Then after about a week later it started its new problem. Sometimes when you put money in it once the correct value is reached the machine will start dropping all the nickels in the nickel tubes and not stop untill I unplug the coin mech. Here is a video I took of it going nuts. http://s515.photobucket.com/albums/t357/ScaleBowler/?action=view&current=Coinmechproblem.flv  I contacted coinco about it and they said I need to buy a refurbished coin mech from them because they no longer have replacement parts but I would really like to try to fix this one before I have to go and spend as much money as I paid for the machine.
Thanks
Alex

It sounds like your coinmechs circuit/logic board that's at fault, probably the zener diode voltage regulator or it's components. I repair these mechs, but I don't know where you are located. ( near me?) Whitelake Michigan

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
Basementgeek
10 Cent Member

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2009, 01:01:50 pm »

I have one, used, clean and test $40.00 USD out the door, plus shipping.

PM me if interested.

BG
pepsi-perk
10 Cent Member

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2009, 06:57:10 pm »

Surf on eBay...I picked up a real nice one that works perfectly for $10 bucks and only $10 to ship.  Be patient and bid often..took me about a month to score a decent one.
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2009, 07:29:21 pm »

What would be easier, find another coin mech or just get some parts and fix the one I have?
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2009, 09:19:28 pm »

I was reading in the manual about some sort of tester that coinco has to test the functions of the coin mech. Is this something I should try to find? Would it be helpful in the long run?
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2009, 09:32:04 pm »

Not unless you are planing to repair coinmechs as a side line, a bench tester can be quite expensive

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2009, 04:28:51 pm »

Does this type of coin mechanism have problems like this a lot or is the one I have just old and worn out?
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: