SMC Discussion Areas
June 30, 2024, 04:35:55 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: USS 96?  (Read 7848 times)
dwbarg
« on: November 18, 2009, 11:55:54 am »

Is this machine a USS 96?  If so what is it worth?  Guy wants $200.  I haven't talked with him yet but the ad says,"Old coke machine good shape needs a little work. gets good and cold. $200.00 obo".  Just wonder what needs a little work means.  Thanks 
« Last Edit: November 18, 2009, 01:22:54 pm by dwbarg » Logged
dwbarg
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2009, 01:25:17 pm »

Sorry..forgot to post pics.
dwbarg
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2009, 05:32:33 pm »

Ok guys, I talked to the guy and he is closer to me than I thought...15mi.  He said the knobs that you turn to dispense the drinks won't turn.  Its like they are hung up.  What do yall think?  He said none of them would turn.
halehouse
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2009, 07:00:34 pm »

Well, $200 I would say is borderline since it is so tall/big, but if you can use it as a garage machine and he is at $200 obo, $100-150 would be ok. I think it helps that it is a USS machine which makes it much more usable since it can vend cans. If there is nothing loaded on the shelves, the knobs won't turn. The weight of the next can/bottle in line to be vended pushes down the lever allowing you to turn the knob. If that is the only reason, I would play it off as "gee, I wonder what is wrong with the knobs" for bargaining purposes.

Vendo 63 Stylestar (Restored)
Glascock Standard
Cornelius 50 Slider (Restored)
halehouse
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2009, 07:04:13 pm »

If there isn't a bottle or can behind the knob on the shelf, it won't turn.

Vendo 63 Stylestar (Restored)
Glascock Standard
Cornelius 50 Slider (Restored)
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2009, 06:53:18 am »

I love my USS 64 and as some of the other guys have said it is a very versatile machine.  I have vended soda, beer, water, iced tea and other flavored drinks out of mine.  Glass bottles, cans and plastic bottles it will vend them all.  The 96 is a bit big but in the garage it would be an excellent machine.  Go with $125 in hand and show a lot of concern about those knobs not working!

drinking Tim drinking
dwbarg
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2009, 07:49:11 am »

Here are some pics of the knobs.  Look like there are 2 that are stuck.  Is this an easy fix?
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2009, 07:53:43 am »

Could just be gummed up or jammed with something simple like a piece of a broken bottle.  I have never taken any of mine apart but I don't think it is too hard to get the stack out of the machine to work on it.  The parts that you would need are readily available and the guys on this site can probably walk you through the process.

drinking Tim drinking
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2009, 07:55:12 am »

Someone here had started a post about the disassemble of this stack with pictures. I don't remember if it was ever completed though? Creighton maybe?

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
VMC ST56B Royal Crown - being built
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
U-Select-It 5cent candybar machine
tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2009, 09:23:40 am »

I have a stack for a USS64 sitting in the basement, I can snap some photos of the back for you this evening.  The stack itself is very easy to remove from the machine and work on, just remove the shelves and two screws on the top and it comes right out, just make sure you then take off the wiring for the solenoid.

There is a big long chain in the back that keeps tension allowing each of the slots to return back to position.  Either it is a little stuck behind those two rows, or the tension spring on the bottom is gone.  Either way, a relatively easy fix.

Attached is a photo of the spring on the back, its all I have right now.

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: