SMC Discussion Areas
April 28, 2024, 01:33:52 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Coinco FP9800-807 Help!  (Read 5920 times)
pepsi-perk
10 Cent Member

« on: October 12, 2009, 08:55:31 pm »

Hi All -

Loving this discussion board.  I'm a newbie needing some help with a recently acquired Lacrosse LC 90 9 model.

The coin acceptor seems to work...somewhat.  The coins don't seem to have enough momentum to make it through the system and doesn't make change when I trip it for 30 cents.  It's supposed to vend at 25 cents.

Just wondering if anyone does any refurb work on these or sells working and tested models for a reasonable price.  I want to keep the machine as original as possible so I would like to keep the same model coin acceptor in it if possible.

Thanks for any guidance on this!

PERK
tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2009, 09:27:32 pm »

Have you tried pulling out the coin rejector from the top of the coin mech and cleaning it in some soap and water?  Give that a shot first, get the old grime out of the counterweights and slots.

pepsi-perk
10 Cent Member

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2009, 09:40:09 pm »

Yes, that is the first thing that I did..cleaned it up real good, but it wasn't too bad to begin with. 
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2009, 04:05:10 am »

One thing when you trip it for 30 cents is there any money in the change tubes? The mech will not work if there are no nickels in the tubes. Fill them at least half way. 
pepsi-perk
10 Cent Member

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2009, 03:43:42 pm »

Yep...had it filled up past the point where the Use Correct Change light went off.  I appreciate the help thus far...guess it just needs a rebuilt or replacement. oops
tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2009, 06:15:17 pm »

Can you see the little levers (metal wires) that the coin trips as it falls through?  They will be on the main body of the mech, not the coin rejector.  I have found those out of adjustment before, all it takes is a little bending to get them back into shape.  If you can see them, or can pull off a small plastic cover that is over them, then try manually tripping them with a pencil or screwdriver.  See if you can get the machine to trip by pushing them down.  I can send some photos of what I am talking about if you need more help, just let me know.

pepsi-perk
10 Cent Member

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2009, 08:00:35 pm »

Yes, I can trip the machine for a vend when I flick the little wires.  But when I trip it for 3 dimes it does not kick out a nickel for change.  When I trip the quarter the machine will vend for 25 cents.  So I am not getting change.

Also..what do you think would cause the acceptor to pass most coins to the coin return chute?  It doesn't always do it - just a majority of the time.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: