SMC Discussion Areas
June 16, 2024, 08:17:23 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New member here with 1st vending machine  (Read 9201 times)
junkyardjockey
« on: November 09, 2009, 06:11:24 pm »

Hello everyone! My name is Ken,and after I found out about this site through someone on the EM pinball machines yahoo forum:
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/empinbalmachines/
I decided to join!I am building my retro room/man cave/game room,and I already have a pinball machine ('70 GTB Baseball) and a jukebox ('93 Rowe/AMI CD-51),along with my N64 game console& turntable.I picked up my 1st vending machine-a national candy machine-last week & put it right next to the pinball & jukebox.However;even though I know the mfgr. of the candy machine,I have no clue what year it was made or what the model # is.I am desperately trying to find an operator's manual for it,and the only info I found on the machine was on a metal plate attached to the back.It has a total of 10 pulls;one being for the gum & mints section.The candy bars sit vertically on end through the view glass.This is what the metal ID plate had on it:
NATIONAL VENDORS
A DIVISION OF UMC INDUSTRIES
ST. LOUIS,MO. 63115
-------------------------------------
115 VOLTS    60 HERTZ    SINGLE PHASE
SERIES: CC    AMPS: 0.9
113     14541
GIVE SERIAL # WHEN REFERRING TO THIS MACHINE
I tested all of the pulls & they all work great;the only thing inop. is the floro. light in the front of the case-I'll get that taken care of later.Can someone on here ID my machine for me from the info I've given??? And I'd love to know where I can get a book or manual on this.Like I said I have no clue what model # it is or when it was made;help with that would be appreciated.Thanks for letting me join & I hope to have pics up as soon as I can.I have pics of the Nat'l but I'm having problems with my photo hosting site.Looking forward to hearing from you soon!
Ken
Unknown vintage National candy vend. mach.
'70 GTB Baseball
'93 Rowe/AMI CD-51
p.s. if there is a better or more appropriate site for these machines please LMK!
« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 07:58:55 pm by junkyardjockey » Logged
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2009, 07:21:03 pm »

Hey Ken... Welcome to the site... pictures speak a thousand words..

Also.. I hope you have a big mancave, because this site will cause you to run out of room and eventually get a storage shed to store the extra machines..

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
VMC ST56B Royal Crown - being built
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
U-Select-It 5cent candybar machine
junkyardjockey
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2009, 07:58:20 pm »

thanks bubba for the welcome! I plan on getting a small soda machine as well,but not right now since I'm planning a wedding next sept.I'm looking  to get a small wall mount 3 to 4 selection soda vending machine when I'm ready.My whole retro room will be almost all coin-op lol.My mancave is not very big,and I'm already starting to run out of room.The shed out back is already full,so no hope for me there;that belongs to the lady of the house.My areas are the mancave/retro room & the garage.Still having problems with pic hosting;hopefully soon that will be resolved.
junkyardjockey
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2009, 07:59:51 pm »

oh one more thing....it does say "National Vending CC De Luxe" on the front....does that help??
Sodak Bob
25 Cent Member

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2009, 09:25:47 pm »

Ken - welcome to the site, a bunch of great people here. The habit of collecting is very addicting.  My National doesn't have a light, but yours sounds familiar to most machines....

Bob
mrsoda
25 Cent Member

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2009, 10:12:29 am »

welcome to the group, always like to have a new face to talk to jeff wolf
RC kid
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2009, 11:34:15 am »

Welcome to the group.

I have only been apart of this group for a short time now, but I have learned so much from the guys here. By just reading the threads and asking question this group has set me straight on more than one occasion. maybe by advising that I think twice about a purchase or by supporting a certain purchase. Or by giving technical support. The information gained by being a part of this group has helped me tremendously.

I hope your experience here, as a part of the group, is just as beneficial to you as it has been for me.

Welcome aboard
junkyardjockey
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2009, 05:49:46 pm »

OK here are 2 pics of the candy machine:

and here are pics of the other 2 occupants of my retro game room/mancave:

please let me know what you think,and y'all are always welcome to come over!
Ken
junkyardjockey
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2009, 09:36:07 am »

does anyone here have an idea what model # my national is??? I dont even know what to call it when I look for parts.haven't found a manual yet either.....manual needed asap!
pepsi-perk
10 Cent Member

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2009, 09:48:13 am »

Be careful of their support on purchasing machines....I have had one machine for years and now within 1 month of discovering this board I now have 3 thanks to that "support"   biggrin    Still looking to add more as I am still looking for that special machine.   My wife is starting to complain a bit because the weather is starting to turn and I have pieces of machines all over the garage as she can't get her car in there. 
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: