SMC Discussion Areas
June 30, 2024, 05:31:40 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: S-48 Dr Pepper machine on eBay  (Read 4003 times)
COREY
5 Cent Member

« on: October 13, 2009, 06:54:58 pm »

I have always wanted one of these Dr Pepper machines with the glass door(can't afford the "81") and was wondering if someone could tell me what it might be worth. It started out on eBay at $1800.00 or best offer and I offered him $300 because I know its not worth that much being a squarer machine. He has dropped it down to $650, but I still think that is too much. Might go $400 but I don't know. He's not but a couple of hours from me, so shipping is not a problem. Thanks again for the help!
http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-Dr-Pepper-Vending-Machine_W0QQitemZ120479787528QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item1c0d27aa08
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2009, 07:49:45 pm »

Make an appointment to look at it this weekend before the auction ends. Since he has
no other bids on it he may very well accept your $400.00 cash to end the auction early.
       I have seen a lot of the single vend versions before but this multi vend round corner crank handle machine seems like a good buy even if you pay $500 for it.
       Remember............you don't want to kick yourself later when all you can find are square corner electronic style vendors, I say go for it  happydrinkers

Glen
GreginNM
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2009, 11:03:20 pm »

They pop up around here on occasion for about $500 unrestored.  I personally like them...having a non-glass door version right now (see avitar).  The glass door versions seem to be a Selectivend modification of a Selectivend machine to put the rack system in.  The one you refer to looks like a nice machine, and I would think even $600 wouldn't be bad as Glen said...it's a mechanical vend slant shelf machine.  I would go for it if closer.

Greg

Vendo: 39B, Standard
Jacobs: 35
Ideal: 35 DP
Westinghouse: WB-66-MD, WD-10, Junior, Standard
SelectiVend: S-48 DP x 2
SelVend: S-47 7up
RC kid
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2009, 07:15:58 pm »

If it were near me I would buy it. For $650.00 even. But I would start off with a lower offer.

This machine would look really nice restored.

Good luck and be thankful it isn't located in my neck of the woods, because I would have already been in contact with the seller.

Seriously though, good luck
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: