SMC Discussion Areas
July 04, 2024, 09:45:47 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: anybody have any old cars  (Read 36745 times)
cdc1960
10 Cent Member

« Reply #60 on: January 21, 2010, 03:03:50 pm »

Thanks Tim... the 66 Charger sure reminds you of how much cars have changed in 44 years.... it's a 440, with power steering and an automatic, but manual, four wheel drum brakes with a single master cylinder... loves to go fast, but you gotta plan your stops   biggrin

Vendo 44, 63
Cornelius SVM48E3, Cornelius Diplomat
AMI D80, G120
Gotlieb Genie
Bennett 956
Eco 240
Theatre Popcorn machine
Watling Horoscope Penny Scale
gum machines, parking meter, taxi meter, pay phone, etc...
it's getting out of hand..
sodaworks
Soda Jerks

« Reply #61 on: January 22, 2010, 01:13:35 pm »

My daily driver is a 64 El Camino that's all original. I also have a 62 Ford Falcon 2 door that I'm going to restore for my daughter.  I sold my other two classic's. One was a 71 GMC 2WD blazer frame off custom and the other was a 67 Chevy stepside full on custom build. The 67 was featured in several magazines and won numerous best of show awards. It is now in a private muesum in Japan.

TERRY@SODAWORKS RESTORATIONS
Lots of Round Top machines
Buy-Sell-Trade-Restorations
halehouse
Soda Jerks

« Reply #62 on: September 11, 2010, 08:28:34 pm »

Anybody know enough about cars who might be willing to give an opinion about what a car might be worth? We are thinking of getting rid of ours (first pg of this thread) and getting another Mustang, but are having trouble narrowing down what it might be worth. It's not as easy as a newer car where you can just go to NADA or KBB and get a pretty good idea. Even trying to compare similar models for sale is tough. What do you think is the best way to find out the value?
The tricky part for us is we'd like to take the $ out of this one and put it towards the next, but being novices it is tough to know that you aren't selling too low and buying too high.

Vendo 63 Stylestar (Restored)
Glascock Standard
Cornelius 50 Slider (Restored)
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #63 on: September 12, 2010, 02:04:06 pm »

Best way I know is to hook up with the regional Mustang club. Find out who does the most repected independent inspection. Get the word out that you are open to trades. What are you looking for?

With no major issues that is at least a 6K car here. PM if you want and can talk more.

Good luck!!
Creighton
halehouse
Soda Jerks

« Reply #64 on: September 12, 2010, 02:29:41 pm »

Best way I know is to hook up with the regional Mustang club. Find out who does the most repected independent inspection. Get the word out that you are open to trades. What are you looking for?

With no major issues that is at least a 6K car here. PM if you want and can talk more.

Good luck!!
Creighton

I would think so. Anything I've seen in a coupe that is much under $8k seems to need something, whether it be paint or something new in the interior. Under that they don't seem to be nearly as nice, but it's tough to tell when just looking online.  I sent you a PM

Glascock Standard
Cokemachinesandmore
Soda Jerks

« Reply #65 on: September 12, 2010, 06:44:06 pm »

i thought NADA did have a classic car price guide
halehouse
Soda Jerks

« Reply #66 on: September 12, 2010, 07:22:28 pm »

i thought NADA did have a classic car price guide

They do. But, I get a low retail range of $8,338 and an average retail of $18,975.  By the description below from the NADA site I would consider it "average", but that's retail. (High retail $22,540) That's quite a range.

Low Retail Value
This vehicle would be in mechanically functional condition, needing only minor reconditioning. The exterior paint, trim, and interior would show normal wear, needing only minor reconditioning. May also be a deteriorated restoration or a very poor amateur restoration. Most usable "as-is".

Some of the vehicles in this publication could be considered "Daily Drivers" and are not valued as a classic vehicle. When determining a value for a daily driver, it is recommended that the subscriber use the low retail value.
Note: This value does not represent a "parts car".

Average Retail Value
This vehicle would be in good condition overall. It could be an older restoration or a well-maintained original vehicle. Completely operable. The exterior paint, trim, and mechanics are presentable and serviceable inside and out. A "20-footer".
« Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 07:24:48 pm by halehouse » Logged

Glascock Standard
dw55
5 Cent Member

« Reply #67 on: September 13, 2010, 05:07:40 pm »

he is my 55 that i have owned for 30 years
BronzeGiant
5 Cent Member

« Reply #68 on: September 13, 2010, 05:15:40 pm »

Are either of you fire engine buffs members of SPAAMFAA?? It's a great organization.

Steve Prange
President P.P.P.S.I.
The Indiana Chapter of SPAAMFAA.

Cavalier CS-148-C
Cavalier CSS-64
Selectavend 1-A
cormy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #69 on: September 16, 2010, 09:33:54 am »

My 1966 Fastback & 1970 Mach 1

cmc
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Up