SMC Discussion Areas
October 05, 2024, 06:53:29 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ebay/PayPal Policies: Repeat...  (Read 6148 times)
sodaworks
Soda Jerks

« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2009, 04:15:27 pm »

My experiences on Paypal/Ebay have been god so far. The few times that the paypal funds showed "pending" was because the buyer used his bank checking account instead of a secured credit card. When this happens it usually takes 3-5 business days to clear. As far as shipping goes I request that the client signs a recieved confirmation, that way they cannot say "I never recieved the goods". There has been a few times that I bought something that wasn't what was described and if you pay via paypal you can file a claim and have the case settled.

TERRY@SODAWORKS RESTORATIONS
Lots of Round Top machines
Buy-Sell-Trade-Restorations
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2009, 04:28:25 pm »

I just recently sealed a deal with someone selling a gas pump globe body that didn't reach reserve... The nice thing is that the transaction is outside of ebay and I'm sending a MO.
On the flip side, I have been protected by PayPal on one occasion where a seller refused a refund and PayPal came in and gave me a full refund!
Some of you may recall a few years back when we had a free "auction" service but at the time, it was difficult to compete with, and still is, the exposure ebay gets sellers!
On another note, it would be very difficult to run a "completely" honest online auction service...
One day, all dreamy eyed,... I would like SMC to provide the coin-op community a reputable auction service like that I attempted previously...

My six cents,

Jim

halehouse
Soda Jerks

« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2009, 07:56:04 pm »

Although I have decided this week that I am not going to use eBay anymore to sell the occasional item, I did sell an extra Mustang dash pad a couple of weeks ago. The buyer paid through Paypal last week. It shows up in my eBay messages as pending and their is a "claim payment" button. When I click on it, it links to Paypal, but it doesn't show any payment yet after almost a week. Anybody every experience this? I thought maybe it had to clear or something, but it isn't seeming that way now.

I think I figured out what I did wrong. We moved last spring and I changed my email address on eBay and Paypal. I DIDN'T change it where it comes up on the listing form. So however he went through and paid, it went using my old address. My bad. So it doesn't show up in Paypal. I'm now trying to convince him to cancel the first payment and redo.

Vendo 63 Stylestar (Restored)
Glascock Standard
Cornelius 50 Slider (Restored)
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2009, 12:08:40 am »

>>I'm now trying to convince him to cancel the first payment and redo.

Please let me know how that turns out. Have had money sent to a wrong email address that I can't get :-(
Creighton
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: