SMC Discussion Areas
July 16, 2024, 05:39:34 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Video for everyone to think about  (Read 3083 times)
memorylane
Soda Jerks

« on: September 01, 2009, 04:42:58 pm »

For anyone that has kids that are now driving or will be soon, please think about having them watch this video, sorry for getting off the topic of machines.

Texting While Driving (Very Graphic)
EVERY driver should see this, especially teenagers. It is very graphic and is recommended for 18 and older but if they wait till 18 to see it, they may not reach 18. As a firefighter, I see this stuff all too often. PARENTS: Watch this by yoursel...f first then WITH your kids. Explain to them that if they HAVE TO phone or text, pull over and stop in a SAFE location first, THEN use the phone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGE8LzRaySk&feature=player_embedded
memorylane
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2009, 04:54:41 pm »

This was posted by a good friend who is a Firefighter, I'm not but someone very close to him was killed last week by a young man 17 years old that was texting on his phone and crossed the center line, he was first on the scene only to discover his friend of 25 years old was killed by this young man. The young boy was hurt but lived and his friend had two boys ages 8 and 13 and a 3 month old little girl.
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2009, 05:06:35 pm »

Very true Curtis.
I'm a firefighter in training with my 15 yr old daughter! She's in for a tough driving schedule ! ! !
Remember this though, no matter how much preparation I do with my daughter, once she steps into another vehicle, all her training goes out the window and My wife and I are at the mercy of this other inexperienced driver...

My six cents,

Jim

memorylane
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2009, 05:22:32 pm »

Thats so true jim I have 3 or 4 years till my boy is driving but the other person is who we all need to look out for.
halehouse
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2009, 09:28:15 pm »

I heard about this video the other day on the news. I believe it was aired in England. The discussion on the news was about whether it is too graphic for U.S. audiences.

Vendo 63 Stylestar (Restored)
Glascock Standard
Cornelius 50 Slider (Restored)
oscar
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2009, 10:21:29 am »

Someone was killed a couple of years ago in this area by a person who was downloading a ringtone.  People just don't use good judgement sometimes.
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2009, 02:31:37 pm »

wow,
I speak to drivers ed students each year at the local high school on the subject of insurance, what it means, why it's important to have, but I'm going to check if they are showing this or not to the students as well.. They should, no matter how graphic... These kids today have seen and heard worse and more graphic things than this on TV and in Movies... I say show it.

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2009, 11:14:15 am »

I don't think that is too graphic at all. if you are old enough to drive you are old enough to know what can happen to you if you are not responsible. I think the american culture has become to politically correct. That film was made for a reason. It was not to frighten people it was to wake people up to show them what can actually happen if they are not careful. I have to say that I am very lucky. I am one of the people that never killed anyone although I did some really stupid things in a car when I was young and stupid. I don't have any children yet but I would hope my kids get the !%@$ scared out of them with something like this when they start driving. Thank you for posting this Curtis. I have to say I am guilty every now and then of doing the same thing. I won't anymore!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: