SMC Discussion Areas
July 04, 2024, 07:28:29 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Here we go again!!!  (Read 3274 times)
pinballdude
25 Cent Member

« on: August 31, 2009, 10:44:39 pm »

Another month is starting!!
And ain't that September machine a beauty?
Such a pretty orange!  And that 7UP in August!
HUBBA!!!!
Seriously, I really enjoy turning the pages on the 2009
SMC calendar.
Have there been any "shoutouts" for 2010 version?? (nudge nudge)
Looking foreward to 2010. My only reminder is to PLEASE make the dates
LARGER, so us old folk can read it across the room. Or 5ft away as the case my be!!
Terry
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2009, 11:16:53 pm »

It is nice to see the machines each month...Can't wait for next month!  biggrin
My only suggestion is to have a small upcoming month in the current month so I can glance at future dates easily. I love all the extra artwork surrounding each machine...nice touch Pat!

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2009, 08:33:55 am »

Yep Gotta love the calendars, Eric Designed all the pages and did a great job... really makes them pop! Great job guys! I hope to have my Ol Smoothie cooler done by next printing..

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Pat Pixley
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2009, 10:56:41 am »

Well I'm going to break the news there will not be a calander for 2010 at least from me.
 I Have  lost my Mom to cancer back in Feb.2009 So  know I have taken on her job here at the agency + doing my job which has left me little time for doing this.

As far as last years Calander Yes Eric came up with the design which was great and did do 6 of  the pages and  Outer graphic and myself did  the 7 remaining pages .
  After everybody order I still was left with #25 calanders which left me in the hole on this
I had to pay for the lay out and the calanders up front and other thing came up , so I'm done for now.

So If some one else would like to take this over please contact me and I can let you know
who to contact  for the sponsers I do have a list of people that would like to be on the
next calander,  if not then one of the sponsers said they would like to take it over .
« Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 09:34:30 pm by Pat Pixley » Logged
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2009, 09:26:20 pm »

Thanks for the plug John... I would have liked to have done them all so they'd have been consistant
but time was one factor...
I think using black and white photos for a backround and maybe company history
of the flavor and or machine would be cool the next time around...
This month?... I can't get past June! blush

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
Marvin
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2009, 10:02:49 pm »

I never got around to ordering one last year.  I can't speak for her, but my wife can do the artwork, layout and printing.  I'll ask her if she can find time to do one for us this year. 

I'd like to see a page or 2 from last years to get an idea of what it needs to look like.

Marvin 
Pat Pixley
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2009, 10:12:04 pm »

Marvin send me your address in a PM and I will send you a calander Free.
  smile
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2009, 10:58:53 pm »

Doesn't have to have a set layout... tons of ideas.. I just threw last years together from hearing others ask about background images...the first year was just snap shots of machines.... I and a few others wanted
more stuff to look at... and I thought it would be cool to give the name of the owner and how they came across it... So that's how I came up with last years design... I also wanted to do the machine with the manual for the machine as a background but manuals are hard to come by... but the last machine/image of the calendar is how I would like to see a whole calendar done... You could do before and after shots... or don't limit it to just machines and coolers, there's dispensers and picnic coolers... not everyone has a
machine but may have a great coin changer or killer picnic cooler collection.... endless ideas.....

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2009, 04:54:59 am »

I would help but I have no graphic design skills. Someone please keep this Calender going. If it would help cover costs I know I wouldn't mind paying a little more for it next year and I think everyone else would agree. I love my calender. I get so many comments on mine in my office. People over here have no idea what they even are. I hope that we can do Coke machines next year. I would love to submit a picture.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: