SMC Discussion Areas
July 01, 2024, 10:22:59 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: looking for information  (Read 3546 times)
FatRavioli69

« on: August 24, 2009, 07:13:19 pm »

Just bought my first soda machine and I am really psyched. Now I am intrested In finding out year,make and any other info I can find out. It does work and cools great. Not in bad shape it was on the second floor of a church, and been there a long time. The Canada Dry Machine is the one I just picked up.

Selectivend and Counting
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2009, 07:36:05 pm »

Welcome to the board!!
Nice looking machine. If you could score the Cav next to it you will be in great shape :-)
From the tag looks to be a Selectivend 132 (132=how many bottles it can hold) Mid 60's.
Creighton
FatRavioli69

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2009, 07:59:25 pm »

Thanks for the great welcome. I wish I had the coke machine, actually That machine is the spark that made me go and find a reasonably priced machine. It belongs to my best friend. My neighbor was throwing a big bash, and new we had those and wanted us to bring them over. We brought them over on a Friday to get them stocked. They weren't there for fifteen minutes and said we need to find him one. laugh

Selectivend and Counting
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2009, 08:46:03 pm »

Just for clarification, the model is a 4A and the vending capacity as Creighton has stated seems to be incorporated into the serial number beginning with 132. 12 shelves X 11 bottles per shelf equals 132.

My six cents,

Jim

Pat Pixley
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2009, 09:20:43 pm »

I have had one just sent it to the scrap yard but keep a few things, the 4A  Dr pepper is in the first two
pictures it is the one all the way in the back, Then  I restored it  little brother a few years                              back  they are a nice machine to have.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 09:25:24 pm by Pat Pixley » Logged
FatRavioli69

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2009, 05:18:13 pm »

Man I hate to hear one went to the scrap yard. I hope it was in real ruff shape. I always say I can fix anything, thats way I guess I have so much stuff that needs work.

Selectivend and Counting
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2009, 06:31:01 pm »

Welcome to the group FR69!

My friend has that same Canada Dry Machine.  Pretty heavy, huh!  Nice start to your collection--yes you will end up with a collection!

drinking Tim drinking
FatRavioli69

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2009, 10:59:16 pm »

yes the machine weights a ton but I got a good price on it and I am happy with it. And yes I am already looking for my next good deal. I am into cars, and vintage things like vending machines and signs. I am always looking at all places one would pop up.

Selectivend and Counting
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2009, 12:47:10 am »

We like cars and vending machines here too....

But most of all we like pictures.. Lots of pictures...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: