SMC Discussion Areas
July 01, 2024, 03:51:54 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Original Vendo 81A Value in today's market  (Read 3047 times)
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« on: May 22, 2009, 09:31:02 am »

Being that I have been away for a while I am a little out of date with current pricing. This is also because I was mostly into square tops when I was collecting also. I have found a nice original V81A that is complete and cools and is in really good condition. from the pictures I would say between 1 and 10 this machine is a three. It is not perfect but could still be brought into your home and is rust free with shiny paint. Its nice and clean and original. I know the market is way down but what is a fair market value for this machine. I also know the 81 B and D are more valuable than the A model I have already bought the machine but I just want you all to tell me what the estimated value of this machine is.
GreginNM
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2009, 09:45:12 am »

I think you did very well, in my un-expert opinion (if it's the machine I think it is on CL).  I've seen them around here in Texas listed for $1000-1500 unrestored and sit for awhile on Craigslist.  The 'A' model in solid red is my favorite version.  Just my 2 cents!

You are amassing a good pile of projects and good finds!  Wish I had a trip up to Dayton while you were home...would be good to do lunch.

Greg

Greg

Vendo: 39B, Standard
Jacobs: 35
Ideal: 35 DP
Westinghouse: WB-66-MD, WD-10, Junior, Standard
SelectiVend: S-48 DP x 2
SelVend: S-47 7up
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2009, 11:01:18 pm »

I'd say a good A is still worth 1200-1500 ... I've have seen them for less and for more, but that I think is fair market value currently...
let's see it?!

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2009, 11:55:55 pm »

never mind they sold it out from under me. Someone offered more money and they took it. Oh well. I have enough for now. I'm only home for three weeks and I have enough to keep me busy during that time.
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2009, 02:27:50 am »

OK Josh, is it safe to tell us..........what was the Craigslist asking price?

Glen
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: