SMC Discussion Areas
October 05, 2024, 06:27:49 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chicacgo Spring Show Recap...  (Read 4524 times)
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« on: April 05, 2009, 09:00:21 am »

We'll I guess I'll start this out and let others fill in where they wish..
Got back from the Chicago Show last night... Got in thursday night and had dinner with a great group of SMC members, We met at Portillo's once again and needed a bigger table...
Present where: Neal from Jukes/Slots, and his friend, (sorry forgot name) ,Larry (mills 400c) and son, Rod and Janet from Funtronics, Eric and wife Tonya, Tom from Jersey,Jay Brewer, Harrison and his wife, Myself and My wife Deb, and I think that was it, Brian got in later and the group dibanded to get to bed earlier!
Friday Morning we woke to Rain, Wind and Cold... Great Chicago weather!.. Eric Brian and I where in the lot at around 4:15am.. but not alone,,, things really picked up around 4:30-5am and it got busy.. Flashlights everwhere!.. alot of fun.. There where a few early morning Treasures that we passed up, and later kicked ourselves... I'm sure.. but nothing extraordinary...  Rain and Cold continued and so did the hunt till around 9:30am. the rest of the Morning ,spent between warming up , helping Brian get his truck and picking up the wife and then lunch...
I took an extra day and the wife and I went into Chicago that afternoon and evening and went out for a nice dinner and a show.. then  Drove back into St. Charles on Saturday went through the show with the general public and looked around. I picked up a few small part  for my Juke and some parts from Janet from Funtronics  then where back on the road to home.
I didn't take many photos this year, one it was raining , two alot of the same stuff that you see from past shows.. Maybe others took more photos... I attached a few from our Dinner on Thursday night.. the place was dark and the flash kinda washed out a few in the back! sorry... but it gives you an idea of who was there!
We had a great time and can't wait till the Fall show!!!
PICT !...Larry TURN AROUND
OK That's Better for PICT 2
PICT 3... Eric and Rod from Funtronics work out the design for the Quickold Gaskets... So you see ,, there was some WORK involved at this dinner!
PICT 4... Brian (AKA Seven181) posing with some if his favorites!

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2009, 09:37:41 am »

John,

I must have been fascinated with my cup lid.  Thursday was fun.  Me and Kyle (pictured over Eric's shoulder) enjoyed it.

I went on Saturday just to take my two boys and their friend around.  Mainly to the second room to play the pinball and arcade machines.

Same stuff as usual, but I did notice that the smaller vendors had some price reductions.  A Watling scale that would normally be listed between $650.00 to a $1,000.00, was now $450.00.  That's the show price, with no haggling.  Too bad the Buckley Bones wasn't that cheap.

Brian, or should I call you Mr. Stoner Cafe, nice load.  They all look good.

A lot of stuff.
Basementgeek
10 Cent Member

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2009, 09:50:57 am »

The Stoner candy machine looks familiar.  I wonder where I have seen it before  laugh Oh yes, I remember now!

BG
Seven181
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2009, 11:31:34 am »

I bought the Stoner Coffee machine, but not the others in that pic. Thanks to Tom from NJ for bringing my u-select to me at the show! Also thanks to Frank for picking up in NJ for me. Had a great time with John and Eric in the parking lot at 4 am! Thanks John and Eric for running me all over town for my truck! Finally got to Michigan and now the weather is turning bad. Good show! Hope to see the rest of you guys that I did not see soon! Great group of people we have here!

Brian

Brian  happydrinkers
oldskoolcoinop
10 Cent Member

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2009, 11:35:45 am »

I didn't realize those coffee machines were so small. I want one twice as bad now! Looks like a cool show.
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2009, 12:34:21 pm »

That coffee machine looks great... No chance of one of those turning up over here though...

TomFromJersey
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2009, 01:04:09 pm »

Hi All
  I got home late Saturday evening after my 14 hr ride. Personaly, I had a great show. I roomed with my good friend Jay Booher, hung out with him and another good friend Mark Gross for most of the show.
  I arrived late on Wednesday, made a few pre-arranged sales. Thursday morning went to Kane County, which was an absolute waste. I don't think I will ever bother going there again. There was just the same old junk, and only 3 vendors outside. It's really a shame, it used to be a good show. Thursday afternoon I was grilling Pork Roll in the parking lot at Pheasant Run, and making new friends. Thursday evening was just great meeting up with the group at Portfillos(several pics). It has certainly become the highlight of the show. What an awesome group of people!!! Props to Eric for the killer insert he made for Jay's Dr. Pepper coin changer. We were so impressed with the food, we left an extra special tip on the table(see pic).
  On Friday afternoon Jay and I took a ride to pick up a Grapette Quickold I had purchased a year ago but had fallen short on room to bring it home. We stopped at a place called Hamburger Heaven and I had the best Malt I've had in years, they had the largest Richardson Rootbeer barrell I've ever seen. It must hold 100 gals., and they said it was installed in 1961(sse pic).
  As far as new treasures go. I brought home a Wurlitzer 750, a Wurlitzer 4000 plastic star speaker, a Wurlitzer 220 speaker, a Lance cabinet, a Montgomery Gentry t-shirt, 2 cases of soda, and a National 7-pull base.
   I sold a few things at the show, a Wurlitzer 1800, an Amivox speaker, a Seeburg Speak-O-Gram speaker, and a Rockola Moderne speaker.
  The weather at the show was absolutely brutal. But all and all, I had a great time. Can't wait for the Fall Show.

Grapette Quickold Standard
AMI I200 AMI H200
Wurlitzer 61, 600, 700, 750, 800, 1080, 2100
Packard Musical Bar
Chicago Coin BandBox
15 remote speakers and counting
A bunch of Grapette stuff
Some really cool vending machines
TomFromJersey
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2009, 05:26:37 pm »

sorry, trying to post the pics

Grapette Quickold Standard
AMI I200 AMI H200
Wurlitzer 61, 600, 700, 750, 800, 1080, 2100
Packard Musical Bar
Chicago Coin BandBox
15 remote speakers and counting
A bunch of Grapette stuff
Some really cool vending machines
sodaman
25 Cent Member

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2009, 09:30:08 am »

I had a good show, bought a Stoner Gum machine for Matt  (Thanks, Tom), found title strip holders for the Seeburg 222 I am putting together, found someone else that had other parts for it, bought a embossed Royal Crown Ideal 55 and my wife and I had a great time meeting with the Soda-machines.com group Thursday night. 

VMC 81:RC, 7UP Pepsi
Jacobs: 26(4), 160, 35, 50, 56 
Quikold RC, Orange Crush, Barqs
General Vending Leader , Master & Midget(THE DALY 32)
American Vendor 124
Guiberson, DP 27 W/stand
VMC 33 7UP, Pepsi 
Mills 45, 47A, 120 W/bottle display
2 Delf Triples VMC 72
70+ soda Venders, 6 Stoner
mrsoda
25 Cent Member

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2009, 08:58:33 am »

Hi All
  I got home late Saturday evening after my 14 hr ride. Personaly, I had a great show. I roomed with my good friend Jay Booher, hung out with him and another good friend Mark Gross for most of the show.
  I arrived late on Wednesday, made a few pre-arranged sales. Thursday morning went to Kane County, which was an absolute waste. I don't think I will ever bother going there again. There was just the same old junk, and only 3 vendors outside. It's really a shame, it used to be a good show. Thursday afternoon I was grilling Pork Roll in the parking lot at Pheasant Run, and making new friends. Thursday evening was just great meeting up with the group at Portfillos(several pics). It has certainly become the highlight of the show. What an awesome group of people!!! Props to Eric for the killer insert he made for Jay's Dr. Pepper coin changer. We were so impressed with the food, we left an extra special tip on the table(see pic).
  On Friday afternoon Jay and I took a ride to pick up a Grapette Quickold I had purchased a year ago but had fallen short on room to bring it home. We stopped at a place called Hamburger Heaven and I had the best Malt I've had in years, they had the largest Richardson Rootbeer barrell I've ever seen. It must hold 100 gals., and they said it was installed in 1961(sse pic).
  As far as new treasures go. I brought home a Wurlitzer 750, a Wurlitzer 4000 plastic star speaker, a Wurlitzer 220 speaker, a Lance cabinet, a Montgomery Gentry t-shirt, 2 cases of soda, and a National 7-pull base.
   I sold a few things at the show, a Wurlitzer 1800, an Amivox speaker, a Seeburg Speak-O-Gram speaker, and a Rockola Moderne speaker.
  The weather at the show was absolutely brutal. But all and all, I had a great time. Can't wait for the Fall Show.
glad to see that you had a great show, and also a great dinner with the guys, the food must have been very good to leave such a tip
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: