SMC Discussion Areas
June 16, 2024, 04:11:46 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vendo 81 has arrived  (Read 2995 times)
bmw90w
10 Cent Member

« on: January 13, 2009, 08:44:38 pm »

As promised here are the pics. I will say it was well packed, and as described. Signguy(John) is a great guy to deal with, for all the newbies that haven't yet. I blindly sent him the money based on his reputation, and he came through as I hoped. That being said, it is time to spruce this thing up! Can anyone tell me what the black box inside the door is? It looks to me like it would be for an electric coin mech, as their are wires that come through the door. Any ideas?

Cavalier CS-96
Vendo 81-A
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2009, 09:08:12 pm »

Very nice!  I gotta get one of those someday!

drinking Tim drinking
coke_and_stuff
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2009, 09:12:52 pm »

That "black Box" is a ballast for the light in the lightbar. Since you have to replace a main door liner I would replace the ballast starter, and bulb while your at it. Funtronics sells everything you need. You can buy the bulb at Wal-Mart, Lowes, and Home Depot and save some $$. Its nice enough to leave as is but if leaving it this way. I would also replace the main door gasket and probably the bottle door gasket. The wire coming out into the coin mech is a heater, it was used to keep water from freezing if it got into the mech in winter climates.

Joey

Collector of nice original paint machines

Vendo 81 B, C, D
VMC 81 Pepsi, 7up, RC, Generic
6CV Coke, RC, Pepsi
VMC 110 RC
Vendo 39
Jacobs 26
Mills 47
Selectivend 64 7up NOS
Plus 30-50 parts and project machines
bmw90w
10 Cent Member

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2009, 11:00:57 pm »

Thanks Joey. It looks as if the wires were just cut and still left exposed coming through the door. Do those heat up the coin mech just like that then? I will look for the ballast. I have a door liner, gaskets etc on the way. I plan to replace everything underneath wire wise as well also. It is tempting to spray rubber undercoating on the bottom part, just in case moisture ever gets in there again. I plan to get rid of the rust, but I want to protect it also behind the insulation.

Cavalier CS-96
Vendo 81-A
coke_and_stuff
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2009, 11:24:47 pm »

I dont have a picture handy on what it looked like, maybe someone will chime in? I personally dont put them back in, they get hot and I had one shock the hell out of me one day. The best way to kill rust is sandblast, it could be done by taping off the area and hitting it and then put a good epoxy primer or bare metal primer. I lay a nice layer of tar inside so that if water ever does get back into there it wont sit ontop of the metal. Need any help dont hesitate to call 870-405-3024

Joey

Collector of nice original paint machines

Vendo 81 B, C, D
VMC 81 Pepsi, 7up, RC, Generic
6CV Coke, RC, Pepsi
VMC 110 RC
Vendo 39
Jacobs 26
Mills 47
Selectivend 64 7up NOS
Plus 30-50 parts and project machines
Pages: [1]   Go Up