SMC Discussion Areas
July 04, 2024, 08:21:37 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ebays newest  (Read 2870 times)
bubba
Soda Jerks

« on: August 28, 2008, 01:33:46 pm »

I was just talking to a seller on the phone today, and she said that soon ebay is going to be enforcing electronic (paypal) payments only. No more money orders, cod's, etc... I think this'll be the last straw for many people...  darn

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
VMC ST56B Royal Crown - being built
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
U-Select-It 5cent candybar machine
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2008, 02:03:36 pm »

i am assuming the announcement went out to all seller accounts ( I may be worng) , but yeah, beginning next year, among the other changes is only allowing for electronic fund transfers. It not limited only to Paypal, Ebay  was fined several million dollars for trying that overseas. 
There is a forum on Ebay where they are trying to soothe the sellers, read a few posts, never seen so much about face ( from Ebay  reps)  to upset sellers.   It went from,  electronic funds only,  then,  you can accept  check or MO, rather than lose a sale if the   buyer is offering that as the only means, but the seller can't request  the method of payment ( non Ebay approved  methods)  in the austion, or  in messages to the buyer.
Pushing for offering free shipping/ Suuuuure that's going to work  well

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
Pat Pixley
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2008, 02:31:55 pm »

Looks like craigs list is going to start picking up and some on these other aution sites.
jasmine64
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2008, 03:41:57 pm »

Geez.

Marsha

Cav. CD 22
Choice Vend 168 - Use daily.
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2008, 04:05:17 pm »

Just curious if Ebay owns Craigs list???  I thought I heard that, but urban legends spread like wild fire.

A lot of stuff.
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2008, 04:26:34 pm »

Ebay owns a 25% share of Craigslist. Craigslist makes it money charging for its real estate postings.

A clearer explanation of what  Ebay  sent out to seelers  can be founbd in this article:

http://www.auctionbytes.com/cab/cab/abn/y08/m08/i20/s03

As a buyer, Craigslist doesn't hold a candle to Ebay,  C'mon, I live in Michigan, we   try to sell $6500 Cav 51's. As a seller, unless  I am one of those with thousands of auction items  of  junk made in China, I will be  punished becasue the new search functions skew in favor of  sellers  with  large sales rates. Free shipping?  nothing is free, and while I am happy this may  slow down the people who are trying to recoup their fees by charging $15,00 for shipping, and  the item arrives in a used box, packed with newspaper , and the shipping label showing postage was $2.98  it means the sellers will  increase their   minimum proce to cover the "free shipping", and the higher  price of the item, the more Ebay/Paypal  will skim.

Give me another  alternative, I'll  look at it. And  I don't thinkI am  alone.  I expect to see another boycott of Ebay in the next few weeks.

Sorry, I'll put the soapbox away now

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
sodaworks
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2008, 11:14:31 am »

Ebay needs to quit being greety by using paypal methods only.  They already make millions a day off of us already.

TERRY@SODAWORKS RESTORATIONS
Lots of Round Top machines
Buy-Sell-Trade-Restorations
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: