SMC Discussion Areas
July 04, 2024, 06:54:57 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gas prices  (Read 6603 times)
GreginNM
Soda Jerks

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2008, 11:01:21 am »

You hit one of my pet peeves dead on, Tom!  I still can't figure out why the teachers that teach the next generation of Americans make a very meager wage, or the firemen/policemen who protect us 24/7 are paid very little, yet someone whose only contribution to society is that they can catch or throw a ball well makes $10 million per year!!!  I think we as a whole society have our priorities completely in the wrong place.

I also agree that a $1 bottle of water should be $1 (or maybe $2) no matter what sort of event you are at.  I cringe everytime I pay $5 for a cup of soda!  As you know, it's about 5 cents worth of soda and maybe another nickel for the cup!!  Pure greed!!

Off my soap box...thanks!

Greg

Vendo: 39B, Standard
Jacobs: 35
Ideal: 35 DP
Westinghouse: WB-66-MD, WD-10, Junior, Standard
SelectiVend: S-48 DP x 2
SelVend: S-47 7up
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2008, 11:41:14 am »

I've heard of a proposal to impose a windfall profits tax on oil companies who
show huge earnings!  What good is that going to do us, force them to lower their
prices? Duh tounge Anyone in buisness knows how not to show a profit. Oil
companies could just buy a few Carribean islands and claim they are exploring
for oil, but employees and shareholders can visit for free anytime they like !

Talk about shifting driving habits........I sold a Vendo 63 to a guy who works
here but lives 100 miles away. He goes home on weekends only. We had to remove
the door and he will take it home next weekend. This has to equal or beat the
T-bird photo.... biggrin

Glen
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2008, 11:48:13 am »

I have heard while living here in Asia that the USA is sitting on more Oil than anywhere else in the world. They say that the Middle East has pumped themselves more that half empty. The USA is just waiting for them to dry up and then the US will have the power since we will hold all of the worlds oil. This may be untrue but it sounds like something we would do.
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2008, 11:54:52 am »

Also Americans complain about the prices of gas but It is much higher elsewhere in the world. I never paid attention until I bought a car three weeks ago. My new van is Diesel and luckily it gets about 35MPG but diesel is $6.50 USD/gallon and petrol is slightly more expensive. I couldn't believe how expensive it is. With not driving in the past and gas prices being per liter I never noticed how expensive it is. I attached a pic of my new van. This style is really popular here and several brands make a van in this style. Mine is made by Renault. It is like a half car hanf van. It is nice.
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2008, 12:11:59 pm »

Hey Josh - a soda machine should fit in their right nicely when/if you find one!

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2008, 09:49:22 am »

It sure would however I have looked everywhere. This entire country is only 17 miles long at the longest point so trust me I have been about everywhere. Being that the country is so small and it is a tropical island everything rusts out quickly here.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: