SMC Discussion Areas
July 05, 2024, 10:03:48 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The often avoided and Dreaded "SHIPPING" question  (Read 2502 times)
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« on: May 06, 2008, 04:27:55 pm »

I've been reading back through some older posts about shipping and really there is not a definative answer out there about who is best when it comes to shipping. I think there is a consensus that Forward air is cheapest if you can do terminal to terminal and have it crated.
BUT looking for some advice on door to door service on a Crated machine. I have some interest in my restored machines, but need to get them to Florida, price is not really the issue, more on handling and timing.
Any new news shipping lately... and I'm sure with gas prices, rates will climb.
Thoughts?

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Sodaman101
5 Cent Member

« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2008, 04:49:06 pm »

Well, I can tell you that for normal ground shipping I have used Uship.com a couple of times. Basically its Ebay but for shipping. You have feedback and it costs nothing. you can set a target price and a " ship it now" price for what you are willing to pay and or you can have shippers bid on your item " ie the privileged to ship it for you" And of course haggling is the name of the game.  tounge sign up and test it out, its free so......... drinking
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2008, 09:04:44 pm »

This is so true! Truckers with less than a full load will bid on freight that is on
their destination route!  happydrinkers

Glen
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2008, 09:57:27 pm »

We use Fedex National freight at work... I've never shipped any kind of Coke machine through them, but most other stuff in or out survives fairly well. I would definitely crate it though. There are also different classes of freight for different types of stuff.. I don't know what its purpose is, but we ship via class 70 (I think), which is for used machinery and get good rates. If we don't mark the shipping paperwork properly, we are put into a generic class and it costs more. I think it is still insured the same though....

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
VMC ST56B Royal Crown - being built
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
U-Select-It 5cent candybar machine
sodaworks
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2008, 06:32:33 am »

I use a broker called Global Tranz, my shipping agent is Mark. You can drop the machine off or they can pick it up. The website is www.carrierrate.com

TERRY@SODAWORKS RESTORATIONS
Lots of Round Top machines
Buy-Sell-Trade-Restorations
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: