SMC Discussion Areas
July 04, 2024, 06:13:05 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Soda Blasting  (Read 1778 times)
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« on: April 18, 2008, 03:52:56 pm »

I have a few questions about this process.  I saw a posting by Pat P. a little bit back and I requested a catalog from Eastwood to learn a bit more about the process and the units that they had available.  They have a unit that costs $250 and it seems that this would work well for stripping paint and decals off of machines before a re-paint.  This unit can also be adjusted for more agressive medias if need be.

I am considering buying a unit but have no idea how easy it would be to use one.  I am sure that I could find some other uses for this machine as well.

Additionally, I have no idea what it would cost to pay someone else to do this work instead.  I am located in Michigan and would be interested to know if any of the Michigan members have a contact that does this type of work.

Comments from the group?
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2008, 07:58:19 pm »

I've heard good things about it too, as it is less abrasive than Sand blast... I purchase a sandblast cabinet and new compressor last year and I love it.. Yeah I guess Soda would be a bit better? but I have had no problem with sandblasting... it just takes a little experimentation to know what pressures, and what media to blast what kind of metal.
I bought my unit through TP Tools, for around 200 or so...

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: