SMC Discussion Areas
October 05, 2024, 06:37:01 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Maybe another new idea for the site???  (Read 3025 times)
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« on: April 02, 2008, 09:45:22 am »

I was just thinking of some other ways to spike some activity on the site, and was looking around at some other collectors sites... SOme feature Brands or companies of the month.
I was thinking maybe it would be fun to showcase our collections, one brand at a time, or maybe one sort of collectable at a time.
Like one month it would be Soda of the month, Orange Crush,... and we could all show the orange crush stuff we have or have seen?
Then the next month could be Coin op of the month, Jukeboxes, and we could show our jukes. next month candy machine, gumball, etc...

I know this is more work for our fearless leader Jim,,, but I'd be willing to help out if need be....
Just an idea?
John

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Chedki
25 Cent Member

« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2008, 09:52:14 am »

That's a great idea ! If this is implemented, I probably would be willing to show off some of my collections of soda-pop advertising signs.

Royal Crown Cola Ideal 55 slider
Nichol Kola Quikold Standard
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2008, 12:11:29 pm »

Great..
Regardless if this gets going or not... let's see those signs!!!  my usner name is Signguy.. as that was my first passion, but of course the machines have almost taken over most of my collecting... but I still have many nice original Coke signs.
Let's see what you got.. or feel free to post them on the Photo gallery for us to see!!

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2008, 08:39:22 pm »

I think that's a great idea... lets just put it here under chit chat...
I'm all for the “finds of the week” or “finds of the month” too
Love seeing what is still out there and get everybody going...
Someone pick a brand and everybody post what you got in that brand... gets too big as far as files Jim could just delete at the end of the month and we could start again on another for the next month.... 

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
halehouse
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2008, 08:52:01 pm »

I like the "finds of the month" idea for soda related things we've picked up, or maybe "found along the way" where you post pics of things you have seen.
Even though jukeboxes, candy machines, and the like pop up in discussions from time to time, I think set topics should be kept to pop machines and related items.

Vendo 63 Stylestar (Restored)
Glascock Standard
Cornelius 50 Slider (Restored)
cormy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2008, 09:37:04 am »

I suggested something similar to this a while ago and it never took off..

Maybe this time...

cmc
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: