SMC Discussion Areas
October 05, 2024, 06:33:21 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Coke machine at home....  (Read 7512 times)
brunoffrance
« on: March 30, 2008, 12:07:46 pm »

Hi there;
I'm a newbie, as you say so I've just discovered your forum... I'm french and love all your americana toys.
At first, I'am the owner of a coke machine Wt 42T, because I consider that the better taste for a coke is when it is in a glass bottle refrigered by THE machine.
I'm also the owner of a jukebox AMI I200M, some fridges ( GE from '40, '60 , Frigidaire ), a '76 pinball, '60 gas pump, neons, one AIRSTREAM, a F150 and an Harley davidson....
Very american for a french, finally.

So All  (except the vehicles ) are in my apartment and we live with  all these toys; No special room or garage for that ...

But a little problem with the coke machine; when I've bought it, he runs all the time but it was noisy and finally ( for sleeping) , we decide to stop it in the evening, each day and restart it , in the morning. But bottles and inside were covered by condensation and rust began to appear. Even the inside fan motor rusted and stopped.
now i've stopped it completely , the motor is out and i put bottles from my coke machine to the fridge each time I drink one.
So the question is : do you have your machine in your saloon and do you let it working all the time ?

thank you

Bruno.
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2008, 12:39:51 pm »

Hi Bruno,
Welcome!
Did you mean WC-42T? Post a pic if you can?
Sounds like you need to give the refrigeration system an overhaul so to speak. Replace the wiring harness, fans, T-stat - it will run more efficiently and quieter. The compressor should start up about 3 times in an hour - I run mine 24 hours a day/7 days a week.
You should be able to get a manual and all parts from Fun-Tronics (301) 371-5246 or www.sodajerkworks.com . The manual will explain how to remove everything, etc.
Hope this helps!

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2008, 02:13:29 pm »

But a little problem with the coke machine; when I've bought it, he runs all the time

Even the inside fan motor rusted and stopped.

Welcome Bruno!

I think your thermostat is not shutting the compressor off as it should, icing up the
coils which will restrict the fanblade from spinning.  A Westinghouse thermostat may be
difficult to find, as it is quite different from most.
       As Tom stated, if you replace the wiring harness you can then use our standard t/s.

Also, you should not be displaced by the noise, check to see if it is comming from
one of the 2 fanmotors.

Glen
cormy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2008, 03:19:17 pm »

Turning the machine off and on is probably one of the worst things to do if your trying to avoid condensation. By having the machine run, condesation is removed through the refrigeration and usually drained into a pan underneath the machine.
Having an operating machine in a living space (esp a small one) can be a problem with noise, even if it is operating on a proper cycle. No way around it, when the compresser kicks on your going to get noise.

cmc
Pat Pixley
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2008, 04:12:23 pm »

Welcome Bruno to the site glad your here smile
Just like every one told you a good tune up will help
new fan motors, T stat and new wiring should help
with the noise.
Ginger Prince
10 Cent Member

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2008, 05:07:29 pm »

sorry i cannot help anymore than the others,

they have the experience, that I do not have

but at least I can welcome you to the board

regardez

GP [from England]
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2008, 06:41:36 pm »

Like most have said here , if you replace the parts mentioned and make sure the fan motors are mounted securly and properly... That should help your Noise...
Most likey the noise was coming from something rattling, or vibrating... as the regular compressors are not that loud where you'd have to turn it off?
Good luck!
Welcome

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
brunoffrance
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2008, 01:03:32 pm »

thank you for the replies;
Here is the machine....
So it's a WC42 T and not WT... sorry.
If I've well understood, you advice me to buy the manual to know all that is inside. The noise come from the evap fan motor assembly and not from the compressor side; the galvanized box above the refrigerated coils is noisy when the fan motor is running ( it is noisy too with the arms on the box); Now with the condensation, water has stopped the evap fan motor ....
so I've seen there was a new one in sale by one sponsor ( I'm waiting shipping cost to FRANCE ).
here is the situation now;
« Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 01:12:44 pm by brunoffrance » Logged
Pat Pixley
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2008, 01:26:26 pm »

Bruno , your machine looks very nice.
And it sound like you on the road to getting
thing back the way that it should be.

Pat
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: