SMC Discussion Areas
July 07, 2024, 04:56:40 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: General Cleaning Tips  (Read 6416 times)
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2008, 09:00:20 pm »

Congrats! The first machine under your belt!... Get ready for number 2..  biggrin

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
VMC ST56B Royal Crown - being built
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
U-Select-It 5cent candybar machine
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2008, 10:35:35 pm »

I am trying the baking soda first to see if that handles the odor inside the machine.  If this does not work, can I simply spray the inside of the machine and shelves with a cleaner or disinfectant and then hose it out?

If so, what is a safe product that will do the job but not damage anything?  I looked for Simple Green at my local grocery store and could not find any.

Also, do I need to safeguard any of the wiring before I do this?

THANKS again for all the help.  I will get some pictures up this weekend.

I even found a source in Michigan for 10 oz bottles of Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite and Dr. Pepper!  I wish I could get some Frostie Root Beer to complete the selections.  Of course, I have to leave a few shelves for my favorite malt beverages!

Can't wait to get her loaded with product and show it off to all the neighbors at the next party!
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2008, 02:52:18 am »

Home depot and Lowes have simple green. Also pep boys and most other automotive stores will have simple green.
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2008, 06:00:44 am »

KMaret Walmart  and most Ace Hardware stores  also carry  simple green,  lok in the housewares/laundry/cleaniong supples aisles.

Maize & Blue,  shoulda guessed Smiley It's good to have another  Meech e Gan person  on the boards. Welcome! Be sure to check out the  events  section on the home page, Pinball at  the Zoo is coming upi n a few weeks.

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
TechnoHat

« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2008, 06:31:27 am »

I even found a source in Michigan for 10 oz bottles of Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite and Dr. Pepper!  I wish I could get some Frostie Root Beer to complete the selections.  Of course, I have to leave a few shelves for my favorite malt beverages!

Can't wait to get her loaded with product and show it off to all the neighbors at the next party!

Where in Michigan did you find those?
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2008, 07:07:52 am »

Thanks for the info on where to get Simple Green.

So is it safe to spray down the interior of the machine and hose it out with this product and is this likely to clear the slight mildew odor?  Or should I use something else?

Do I need to cover any of the wiring?

On the pop supplier:

I contacted the Coca Cola Bottlers Association in Atlanta and they put me in touch with the last independent bottler in MI.  They have offices in Escanaba and Iron Mountain--a bit far to drive but I get up there on business about 3 to 4 times a year and my Dodge Magnum has plenty of room in the back!

Bink's Beverages is the name of the company.  They have 10 oz glass bottles for Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite and Dr. Pepper.

http://www.binksbeverages.com/home.html

You can also get the 8 oz. Coke, Diet Coke and sometimes Sprite at most Meijer stores.  A friend of mine knows a Coke salesman and he said that the Meijer stores regularly stock those items but not in large quantities.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2008, 07:09:42 am by mznb1u » Logged
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2008, 09:07:16 am »

Sam's club carries   the 8 oz Coke  bottles, i refise to pay #3.99  a six pack  for coke, or Dr Pepper. at the local Kroger's
and i  really need to see if my nephew is still working at  the Coke Distributor in Detroit,  I may have an in i am not using

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: