SMC Discussion Areas
June 26, 2024, 01:58:17 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RC Cola paint codes?  (Read 5008 times)
DCS
« on: March 30, 2008, 06:10:16 pm »

I have a 50's RC Cola picnic cooler and would like to refinish it.  Having trouble locating paint codes.  Thanks...
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2008, 06:43:47 pm »

You have some options... you can search out the proper paint codes and try to match it with today's codes... (and someone on here will have those).
or what others will say, so I'll beat them to it.. find the best match yellow you can find and use that...the key is make it look good to you...

Good luck!

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
aspbear
25 Cent Member

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2008, 07:28:48 pm »

Take a look at chrome yellow, I used it on a picnic cooler and it looked very good...

aspbear
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2008, 02:29:03 am »

Signguy is right - Go for a similar yellow that can be bought off the shelf... If you knock it or it chips later on its much easier to buy a repair kit that way rather than have the special colour mixed up.

I got really hung up a little while ago with trying to match double dot blue for my pepsi. In the end I let the Mrs choose (as suggested here) best thing I did. Now thats "her machine" and one day I can have aniother one of my own...

DCS
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2008, 06:51:47 pm »

I'd like to thank everyone for their replies and help.  Appreciate the quick response and expert advice.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: