SMC Discussion Areas
June 23, 2024, 01:43:12 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pepsi 81  (Read 8004 times)
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2007, 11:01:03 pm »

I just emailed the seller and asked if he would disclose his reserve then consider lowering it by Half as anyone who bought it would have to sandblast this sucker down immediately and get it repainted in order to display it in any respectable collection.
maybe I just lost my chance to bid? HMMM,,, wasn't trying to be mean biggrin oops

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2007, 03:16:55 pm »

The guy responded to my email, and said his Reserve is 2999.00

That's pretty fair for a Pepsi isn't it? even though it has to be stripped and repainted?

I might just go for it? what yall think?

Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2007, 03:25:07 pm »

I would think that's fair... inside looks clean and it's complete... just needs
a real paint job.

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2007, 08:59:36 pm »

I think that painting the bottle and coin door to match the machine could postpone a restoration for a while
   The bottlestack faceplate really needs to be white, and maybe later the just the top of the machine could be white with red letters?
   Also maybe those cheap water release decals will flake off with a little effort Huh?

$3000.00 has been the average price for an un-restored machine lately and this is
well above average condition. Go for it!

The nicest Pepsi 81 I have ever seen is on the top of this page. If Y'all ever noticed, Jim's Pepsi 81 looks like he used 20 coats of clearcoat.... a beautiful mirror finish! Look at
 his pictures in the gallery!  WOW ~!

Glen
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2007, 08:31:11 am »

Thanks for the compliment Glen !

This gloss shine is the result of spraying the door in a horizontal position. I mentioned this some time ago in a previous post... This is the ONLY way to get a superior glass finish and with NO extra work such as wet sanding and buffing. I can assure you there are no coats of clear on this door; I used single stage paint on this project as well as most of my painting restorations.

Thanks again for noticing ! ! !

My six cents,

Jim

SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2007, 10:38:59 pm »

WOW,,, I thought for sure it was clear coated about an inch thick too... Horizontal HMM... that is the 2nd time I've heard that now... I'll be trying that next time  I can get the paint gun out (next summer) down

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: