SMC Discussion Areas
October 05, 2024, 06:41:23 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Compressors , hardwood floors  (Read 2441 times)
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« on: March 18, 2007, 12:23:43 pm »

I searched the archives, and haven't found this discussion before, so I ask the board for advice.

Sohrt story  drawn out and rambling excessively, I am storing my V39 at a friend's house, while I search for a new place to call home, and it was cheaper than renting a self storage unit.

The flooring is hardwood, and while felt pads have been placed on the legs,  the question came up on whether the cpmpressor  would or could generate heat to damage the woodwork.

I've seen machines on carpeting, on tile and linoleum floors,  and while I can suggest leaving it  turned off, to me that's like buying a muscle car, and parking it .

Any thoughts or  experience will be appreciated.

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
aspbear1
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2007, 12:52:44 pm »

I have harwood floors, but my machines are on a tile floor.  I would not personally set them on a hardwood floor without a barrier of some sort.  Maybe get one of those pads they put air conditioners on and put some felt under the pad.  Over time the heat and the chance of moisture would damage the harwood.
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2007, 12:53:35 pm »

If the compressor is operating normally, I cannot see how it would generate enough heat to damage the floors.
According to my manuals, there should be one inch clearance between the bottom of the cabinet and floor.
He would need to monitor the condensation jar though.

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2007, 02:40:00 pm »

Just to be safe I'd use 2 2x4s laid flat under the legs. This would spread the weight and give extra clearance. Ditto on checking the jar often.
Creighton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: